• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Man of Honour
June and November tend to be the targets though generally the spread is March-June (Though original Titan was Feb IIRC) and Sept-Nov.

Associate
I'll wait till Polaris out to have some basis for comparison, doubt it's much better, but it might have big edge in DX12 async, if NVIDIA won't have it fixed in Pascal

Soldato
I'm only going to get the first release of Pascal is between 980 and 980ti performance but costs more like a 980. Really the first wave should be 980ti performance and the price I said previously but we know that now how they play the game.

bru

bru

Soldato
The one I would be interested in to replace my 970, would effectively be the 1070 (Pascal's 970). If NVidia are smart it will be a £300 monster that performs just a tad faster than the currant 980ti, which of course allows the 1080 to be 10% faster than the 980ti and be the new flagship mainstream card at around £450, with a 1080ti coming later to fill the £550 slot. Now if they launch the new Titan first, it would show us just what we can expect form the 1080ti latter in the year.
Of course I would love the performance figures to be much higher across the board, GP104 to be twice as fast as GM104, as that would make the 1070 a good bit faster than the outgoing 980ti.
Not long to go till GTC where hopefully we will get some good info and maybe even a new card release.

Caporegime
I'm only going to get the first release of Pascal is between 980 and 980ti performance but costs more like a 980. Really the first wave should be 980ti performance and the price I said previously but we know that now how they play the game.

I am pretty certain even small pascal (980 replacement) will be a decent bit faster than a 980TI(~20%). Big Pascal will be more like 50%+ faster than a 980Ti i reckon.

It is good that the Titan card is coming first , so we know roughly what to expect.

Caporegime
The one I would be interested in to replace my 970, would effectively be the 1070 (Pascal's 970). If NVidia are smart it will be a £300 monster that performs just a tad faster than the currant 980ti, which of course allows the 1080 to be 10% faster than the 980ti and be the new flagship mainstream card at around £450, with a 1080ti coming later to fill the £550 slot. Now if they launch the new Titan first, it would show us just what we can expect form the 1080ti latter in the year.
Of course I would love the performance figures to be much higher across the board, GP104 to be twice as fast as GM104, as that would make the 1070 a good bit faster than the outgoing 980ti.
Not long to go till GTC where hopefully we will get some good info and maybe even a new card release.

This, whoever can pull that off or better will get my money, Nvidia or AMD, all i care about is myself.

Caporegime
I'll probably hop on the Pascal card that offers a decent upgrade over the 980ti. As I'm using a gsync monitor I'm kinda tied to NVIDIA. I couldn't go back to a standard monitor. Polaris would mean having to buy a freesync monitor too.

Associate
I think I am waiting it out for the Ti version this time. Spent enough over the last couple of years on Titan GPUs. I will also see what AMD are offering with Polaris but looking at probs £550 max on a GPU this year.

Imposter! What have you done with the real Gregster?!

Soldato
currently on 980 SLI Reference,

i really want Pascal but, not getting burned this time.

: Not buying Reference coolers (did because they looked nice)
: Not buying Plain 1080 waiting on a TI., no point buying a £500 gpu for a £550 GPU to own it few months in.

2x 1080TI please (if therir 30%+ perf each)

Soldato
I've been on SLI 780Tis for a while and whilst I have been sorely tempted by a single 980Ti I have held off. I am hoping pascal release a single card solution that gives a marked improvement over my 780Tis.

Even if it's the first Pascal iteration I'll jump on-board - Assuming that there is not a confirmed release of a Ti/Variant in a close time.

Associate
I've been on SLI 780Tis for a while and whilst I have been sorely tempted by a single 980Ti I have held off. I am hoping pascal release a single card solution that gives a marked improvement over my 780Tis.

Even if it's the first Pascal iteration I'll jump on-board - Assuming that there is not a confirmed release of a Ti/Variant in a close time.

Exactly what I'm planning on doing. I'm going to exercise restraint this time round!

Man of Honour
Not sure we'd see an actual physical launch of a 32GB (single core) part - didn't think either Hynix or Samsung was ready for that until 2nd half of the year?

April is about the earliest for TSMC volume production to hit the market I believe so its possible.

Back
Top Bottom