• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Soldato
I think I am waiting it out for the Ti version this time. Spent enough over the last couple of years on Titan GPUs. I will also see what AMD are offering with Polaris but looking at probs £550 max on a GPU this year.

You know if they wave a shiny new Titan Pascal you'll sweat and go crazy. MUST BUY PASCAL TITAN!! lol

Man of Honour
I think I am waiting it out for the Ti version this time. Spent enough over the last couple of years on Titan GPUs. I will also see what AMD are offering with Polaris but looking at probs £550 max on a GPU this year.

I may do nothing until this time next year so I can see what is what when the dust has settled.

I have a feeling AMD are going to edge it with the next round of GPUs.

Associate
Caporegime
What they call GDDR5X looks like something they made up because of the 450MBs + speed but when you think about it 1750mhz 512bit conventional memory should make up that speed. I bet that's all it is.
Its certainly interesting.
But also worrying as this much effort into rehashing maxwell at this late stage can't be good.

Caporegime

Tbf I'm up for getting a Titan this time around, but I'm pretty much decided on a Hybrid as my next card! If they release a Hybrid Titan at launch AND the Ti is speculated to be more than 6/7 months after then I'll probably plump for one :) :cool:

Caporegime
I'll not be touching a Titan this time, I'm happy with the TX but there's pretty much zero point after they've shown they're willing to release the TI just a short time after to beat the competition at a lower price point.

Depending on how big the jump is I might not bother upgrading at all.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tweaktown didn't even go through the pretense of citing "a source".

Pretty obvious they will "unveil" Pascal at GTC in April, the GP104 "towards June" bit seems like it was just thrown in as a guess however. I think it's far more likely GTC will be GP104/1080 and GP100/Titan/Ti will continue to exist as a rumour until the end of the year or whenever sales start to drop off.

Back
Top Bottom