• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The Official Nvidia GeForce 'Pascal' Thread - for general gossip and discussions **

Associate
As I said. Don't dance around with your wording your saying its a conspiracy.

They had a display of a working GPU which they claimed was Polaris, you agree with that but say it was not Polaris and claim to know that because you were there and can make such a statement because of what unequivocally reasoned fact?

My impression is that of someone clutching at ever increasing elaborate? straws to maintain an argument that fell apart as soon as it was started, go back and read your own posts to see why I think that.

Either what they say is true and it is Polaris or they tell a lie

Funny how a lot of press people said they were shown large polaris shown to them, except they were not allowed to take photos, which every person invited were fine with. I don't see the point to come up with questions arguing that the polaris show off did not happen, etc. It did happen. Otherwise why would different websites come up with articles stating that oh by the way AMD showed big polaris behind closed doors. AMD is just being typical secretive self. They already stepped out of their own self to demo small polaris on 14nm FF. Usually they are not so vocal about their upcoming products.
Either way, there are some people who refuse to believe the facts :)

Man of Honour
The fun thing about all this forum stuff is no one knows who anyone really is on here. I could be the Nvidia CEO for all you know ;)

It is interesting looking back and seeing 1-2 people dropping little bits of information that seem insignificant/easily overlooked at the time but looking back months later makes you wonder as they couldn't have known/guessed at random.

Associate
It is interesting looking back and seeing 1-2 people dropping little bits of information that seem insignificant/easily overlooked at the time but looking back months later makes you wonder as they couldn't have known/guessed at random.

Sometimes the writing is on the wall, people just tend to be overprotective or ignorant ;)

Caporegime

Any pointers on who they are?

I've never came across anyone in this section who seems like they're in the know, iirc even people like AMDMatt are under NDA and won't risk posting anything that could get them in trouble down the line.

Associate
I firmly believe that some of the leaks are inentional to get the hype going but the majority is made up on speculation and educated guesswork.

what leaks are you talking about? I hope you are not classing public demo of small polaris as a leak, and I really hope you are not classing closed door demo of large polaris as a leak as well.

Or maybe you are talking about those so called rumours/leaks about pascal release periods. Then yeah, you are right, they are purely just for the hype, since nvidia did not have anything to show in last event ;)

Associate
Does it really matter ? who cares who's shown what.

so what a hell are you doing in enthusiast forums then if you are completely not interested in new hardware demos? What is the point of you coming here and yapping about how you don't care or hate AMD or other hardware company? You know there are plenty of other forums on internet where you can talk about flowers, gardening, fishing, car, or whatever else is floating your boat.

Mobster
Soldato
what leaks are you talking about? I hope you are not classing public demo of small polaris as a leak, and I really hope you are not classing closed door demo of large polaris as a leak as well.

Or maybe you are talking about those so called rumours/leaks about pascal release periods. Then yeah, you are right, they are purely just for the hype, since nvidia did not have anything to show in last event ;)

That's actually the crux of the last spoilt 10 pages or so of this thread, AMD and its users have to feel they have one up on Nvidia.

Please Nvidia users, dont respond anymore they are giving me a ****ing headache.

Associate
That's actually the crux of the last spoilt 10 pages or so of this thread, AMD and its users have to feel they have one up on Nvidia.

Please Nvidia users, dont respond anymore they are giving me a ****ing headache.

if you agree to stay away from AMD threads, I will agree to stay away from nvidia threads. Deal? :D

Caporegime
Well, at NVIDIA's GPU Technology Conference in April, we should see NVIDIA unveil the biggest GPU they've ever made - the successor to the GeForce GTX Titan X. The next-gen card could be called the GTX Titan X2, which would pull some of the wind out of AMD's sails with the dual-GPU Radeon R9 Fury X2, and we should see it featuring HBM2 - scaling up to 16-32GB with 1TB/sec of memory bandwidth. Insanity.

Back in September, we exclusively said that NVIDIA would release both a HBM2 and GDDR5X range of cards - something that will kick off with the HBM2-based Titan X successor. Towards June, we should see NVIDIA unveil a new GP104-based GeForce GTX 980 successor, based on GDDR5X - which offers 448GB/sec of memory bandwidth.

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/49956...e150&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Looks and sounds promising if true and super excited :D

Man of Honour
Any pointers on who they are?

I've never came across anyone in this section who seems like they're in the know, iirc even people like AMDMatt are under NDA and won't risk posting anything that could get them in trouble down the line.

They aren't some of the more regular posters here - avoiding naming specifically for a variety of reasons none the less I could be wrong - was a little smugly looking back at a post I'd made about 18 months ago regarding AMD and TSMC and notice a 1 line comment someone had made 2-3 posts above it that had been totally overlooked at the time but in hindsight they obviously had to have had inside knowledge to make the post they did as recent news regarding AMD and 14nm very specifically proved them right.

Soldato
Tweaktown simply took the baseless blogspam rumour (GTC = April therefore Pascal Titan = April) and reposted it in their own words. Move along, nothing to see here...

(apart from a lot of "unveiling" apparently)

Back
Top Bottom