*****The OFFICIAL OCUK 2011/2012 Fantasy Football League*****

Soldato
Signed up as Nursie's Nightmares

Fantfoot-1.jpg

Sho

Sho

Soldato
A good tip is to have at least 3 very good defenders from the top 4-5 clubs.

So that they give you clean sheet points when the team has not conceded.

Soldato
I'm in :). Team name: Apotemnophobia

Current line up:

Riedel

Evra
Baines
Onuoha
Hughes

N'Zogbia
Young
Henderson
Modric

Rodallega
Bent

As usual, this will change a lot before the start of the season!

Soldato
OP
My biggest problem is in defence as well, cant decide which 2 to have out of Kompany, Vermaelen or Ivanovic. Kompany probably has the best chance of keeping a clean sheet in the first week but the other two might pop up with a goal....

Caporegime
My biggest problem is in defence as well, cant decide which 2 to have out of Kompany, Vermaelen or Ivanovic. Kompany probably has the best chance of keeping a clean sheet in the first week but the other two might pop up with a goal....

I've gone for a starting back 4 of Sagna, Vidic, Kompany and Cole. Dunno if that's gonna get a high amount of points but I should imagine so. Not so confident with my midfield 3 of Arshavin, Wilshere and Barton. Arshavin might not play as much but he does get a lot of assists, Wilshere I think is gonna have a storming season so not worried about him plus he was only 6.5. Barton I'm not sure on...

Associate
Alright I have a new team, whole back 5 is from top 4/5 clubs, strikers are the best from mid table clubs and I think it should work out well. I can't be bothered to screenshot, save upload and then post it here again though :p

Soldato
Doing it now, taking so long even though I know I'm gonna change it so many times. Liking most of the new layout but the fact you can't open up new tabs to look at the next few fixtures is quite annoying :(

edit: in the end just picked players I rate that usually do well rather than searching through favourable fixtures, ended up with:

GKs
Robinson
Given

DEFs
Kompany
Givet
Rafael
A. Hughes
Shawcross

MIDs
Albrighton
Song
Young
Sinclair
Malbranque

FWDs
Doyle
Tevez
Rooney

Last edited:
Associate

I'll give you a tip which came from my looking at how different players did last year today and not much footballing knowledge at all but I would say you want to put a good bit more money into the back four (five), yes the Tevez's and the Rooneys have the best overall score as strikers but by how much? Generally the top strikers from the mid table clubs score close to the same amount of points as them. Defenders is a different story, it is mostly about clean sheets and it is the big clubs that get the clean sheets.

Just my current opinion, I might change :p

Associate
What are people's views on also doing a head to head league as well as this?

Teams are randomly given opponents each week and it works like a normal League. The team with the most points get 3 points, loser gets 0, draw gets 1.

Back
Top Bottom