*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
You mentioned your interesting beer earlier on, I'm very intrigued.

I have an awesome one, unfortunately it's not the one I was hoping to get. My wallet got stolen on Saturday so no way to buy beer for a while! :(

Soldato
You mentioned your interesting beer earlier on, I'm very intrigued.

I have an awesome one, unfortunately it's not the one I was hoping to get. My wallet got stolen on Saturday so no way to buy beer for a while! :(

ah sad to hear that mate, hope you got your cards canceled and didn't loose too much cash, never know maybe the scumbag will get lifted. some people just find it too challenging to earn there own keep unfortunately.

was impressed with your stone beer, really want to try the stone brewery offerings. im hoping my Belgium is as good as im thinking it is though i could have it all wrong:eek::p

Soldato
I didn't bother reporting it, it happened on Sunday morning in Barcelona and I was returning home later that day. Didn't fancy dealing with Spanish coppers, hungover, on Sunday. Only 60 Euros or so and cards got cancelled. Lost my driving licence which is a bit more of a pain but nevermind.

Never heard of your American beer (or brewery), was it good? I'm intrigued about your Belgian beer as well. There is so much beer, I'm pretty confident you haven't got a bottle of Westvleteren though. Even if you have, no one else will! Elephants don't feature, do they?

Really get some Stone down you. It's awesome, I've been introducing it to quite a few people recently and everyone loves it (bar my bank balance!).

I'll email you in a tick, as I don't think I replied the other week.

Caporegime
Jester, I'm not sure how you're planning to order the results in future but here's a website that'll alphabeticise (is that a word?) the list. Pretty handy.
http://www.textfixer.com/tools/alphabetize-text-words.php/

Though if you're keeping an Excel sheet of the results then you could sort that by number and post a screencap of the table (or even use Googledocs).

Cheers I'll check them out. Truth be told I've just been writing them down on paper and adding them up :)

Still to buy my Belgian beer, hope to do it wednesday when I'm off :0

Soldato
I'm a little bit confused (perhaps the lack of alcohol in my body explains this), and not helped by 3 threads haha.

Are we voting for the next countries this week, and is this done privately or in a thread?

If it's here, this is my vote:

Denmark, England, France.

Soldato
If it's a beer, then sure.
I wouldn't personally allow a cider/perry but a fruit beer (like Fruli) would be allowed. It's a wheat beer first, just flavoured with fruit anyway.

Soldato
If it's a beer, then sure.
I wouldn't personally allow a cider/perry but a fruit beer (like Fruli) would be allowed. It's a wheat beer first, just flavoured with fruit anyway.

Yeh that's what I was thinking as well, thanks! I'll make sure I'm careful with what I choose. Been trying to find the one you mentioned online but it's proving a pain (either sold out or have to buy in bulk). Nevermind!

Soldato
Remember, you can take pictures of beer in a bar/pub. As long as you have a OcUK sign somewhere (I didn't in the first picture, but DJ is being lenient for the first round). Might be useful if you can't get anything online. Loads of bars stock Belgian & Czech beers nowadays.

Caporegime
Remember, you can take pictures of beer in a bar/pub. As long as you have a OcUK sign somewhere (I didn't in the first picture, but DJ is being lenient for the first round). Might be useful if you can't get anything online. Loads of bars stock Belgian & Czech beers nowadays.

..and it's in a bottle or can ;)

We will be voting on after saturdays competition until wednesday. In the rules it states we will use the poptential fun blaa blaa thread for this BUT I think we will use Belgian results thread which will be created on saturday (creating a new thread each week for each beer as per requested, does make sense tho).

Back
Top Bottom