*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
I would have preferred longest name, rather than Scrabble points but it seems like it's already been decided!

It will be a bit of fun and will surely end it as quickly as possible. If you are dead set against it then we can put it to a vote?

No response so Scrabble it is :)

Good luck everyone and remember it's open to all that have taken part in the competition.

Soldato
Clarification please ref......

Say

Would 'Hot Rock' be where the points are awarded, so no brewers name and no 'with dandelion'???

Oh and 'Guinness' being the makers name and the beer name = nil points ??

Hot Rock would be where the points are awarded. Strictly speaking 'Guinness Draught' ought to be awarded the points but I think with things like that where it's known commonly as something else (like Guinness) then the points would go with that.

Caporegime
Clarification please ref......

Say

Would 'Hot Rock' be where the points are awarded, so no brewers name and no 'with dandelion'???

Oh and 'Guinness' being the makers name and the beer name = nil points ??

Hot Rock would be where the points are awarded. Strictly speaking 'Guinness Draught' ought to be awarded the points but I think with things like that where it's known commonly as something else (like Guinness) then the points would go with that.

I'd be thinking more along the lines of allowing 'Hot Rock with dandelion' I mean during the competition if someone had entered Hot Rock and someone else Hot Rock with dandelion they both would have received 3 points each as they are different beers. The only names / words that would not score points should be Brewers name and type ie. lager, stout, ale, IPA, porter etc etc.

As for Guinness it is the brewers name and can't count. Though don't forget there are different types of Guinness with different names that would count (minus the Guinness part).

Everybody happy with this?

Back
Top Bottom