*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Everyone is entitled to their opinion :)

The problem that's faced is whenever we can't get everyone to reply to the above and thus everything else is dragged out, if anything could help speed up the process of 'reaching' people then I for one would embrace it, yes even FB.
yes i suppose your right really as there would be a notification. :)

Associate
Sorry.
I hadn't been watching this thread closely enough. I'm trying to send you an email DJ, but having technical problems with Outlook 2013 crashing on sending mail. An update is installing as I type this so hopefully will sort that anyway.
My email will (should) be the same as for the last competition.

edit. nope. drat. outlook keeps crashing. I'm going to have to research this more. Sorry.

edit again. Yay, sorted I hope. Seems to have been some conflict with ESET's Outlook addin. How annoying.

Last edited:
Soldato
As above your post matey.... sooner we get everybody onboard the sooner we start :)

Please feel free to tell the minus a 'X' people to hurry up in any way you see fit ;)

Sorry that was pretty divvy of me.

Q - So with for instance A for Ale from a country that begins with A, the name of the drink doesn't have to begin A just the country it originates from?

Caporegime
Sorry that was pretty divvy of me.

Q - So with for instance A for Ale from a country that begins with A, the name of the drink doesn't have to begin A just the country it originates from?

:)

Yes mate the Country begins with an A not the Ale, just a carry on from last competition in this round (though without actual country voting).

EDIT:

That's the list updated ... only three people now left to reply (Seabiscuit yours came through mate, cheers) :)

Associate
We're still doing alphabet list of countries? So each week it's still from a country beginning with that letter? But then narrowing it down further to the catagory from the list?

Eeek. Not looking forward to finding a value supermarket beer from Vietnam! Or a beer from Qatar that hasn't been used before by me but used by someone else for Quote. Strike that, finding ANY beer from Qatar might be a big challenge. A beer from Hong Kong with a human part in the beer name.

Sorry, I'd thought it was a drink from ANY country that fit the description in the list. I might have to bow out from this one. Think it will be too difficult.

Please tell me I'm misunderstanding.

Last edited:
Associate
So A for Ale needs to say Ale on the label/tin/packaging, but it doesn't have to say it in the name. But if it's part of the name that's still ok?
So might need to send two photo's. One showing the label and one showing the relevant wording?

Caporegime
So A for Ale needs to say Ale on the label/tin/packaging, but it doesn't have to say it in the name. But if it's part of the name that's still ok?
So might need to send two photo's. One showing the label and one showing the relevant wording?

As long as it says 'Ale' somewhere on can or bottle and it's from America, Australia etc etc then it's fine :)

I thought we would try and start it of as easy as possible...

Back
Top Bottom