*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
OK people....

Provisional start date of March 9th - this means your first entry for A - Ale (must be an ale from a country that begins with the letter A) should be entered into the competition email address by said date before 8pm :)

Good luck all and here we go again....

Oh please keep an eye on the first page for more info on each round, nothing beer wise will change just some things need to be clarified ie. UK round how the scrabble scoring will relate to points given etc etc.

Caporegime
OOO DJ make sure you post a piccie of your goodies from OCUK when you receive them! :D:D
I will thank you again :)

ok, for a clarification of rule 3, if a beer describes itself as a red or an ale or whatever catagory is that weeks, but it doesn't say it on the main label, do we need to enter a second photo showing it's own description?

Shhh.

R is red and yes unless it clearly mentions red on the label then please include a picture of where it is mentioned.... plenty reds out there :)

Soldato
Ah excellent idea. I might get shopping to stock up on ideas!

Just to clarify since i missed the last comp. If i have a beer this weekend which i think is a dead cert for an entry many weeks in the future. Am i ok to take a picture now (with ocuk in the pic) and hold onto it for about 15 weeks or is there a timeframe things need to be done in. I remember seeing some pictures with dates included.

Caporegime
Ah excellent idea. I might get shopping to stock up on ideas!

Just to clarify since i missed the last comp. If i have a beer this weekend which i think is a dead cert for an entry many weeks in the future. Am i ok to take a picture now (with ocuk in the pic) and hold onto it for about 15 weeks or is there a timeframe things need to be done in. I remember seeing some pictures with dates included.

It is perfectly fine to take a picture now and enter it later in the competition, there's no time frame mate. Sadly last time some people made the fatal mistake of drinking a few entries, recycling and forgetting the picture... ;)

Caporegime
Haha i can imagine that happening. I remember a few times during the first comp that i had a beer thinking it would've been a perfect entry. Sadly my taxi had been and gone long before!

Just remember if entering a bar tap draught beer (or cider for cider round) to include the 'OcUK BOTW mk2' along with the bar taps! For everything else I tend to take a picture as I buy them....just in case ;)

Caporegime
V - Value (own branded beer from one of 4 popular supermarkets)

Do we have a list of "accepted" supermarkets?
Also why only 4?

Coop
Tesco
ASDA
Waitrose
Sainsburys
M&S

As well as the smaller ones

Was going to try and narrow it down to just 4 as this would make it more interesting for the scoring....

The 4 I have in mind are:
Tesco
Asda
Sainsbury's
Co-op

What you lot think? Oh and good call on reminding me!

Back
Top Bottom