*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Moi? The one that I was going to enter, I've got 5 bottles of the stuff that I've had for ages and never actually tried it. However, going to enter another bottle that I have lying around (my flat is awash with booze ;)). I've never seen it over here, so I suppose it's impressive.

Just wait until my Czech one, that's my guaranteed 3 pointer.

I have my prize ready, if people are still planning on doing it. It's a drinking vessel from a UK brewery that you can't buy.
The bar staff gave it to me for free, your Honour.

Good to see that you're all sorted nice and early this week. Keen to see results. Are you going to upload pictures from everyone then? Very interested about this picture from Hank, perhaps moreso than the beer!

oooh youve really peaked my interest, i think my czech beer is a little on the week side but we will see.

very generous with the drinking vessel, i will sort something out beer or beer related.

Caporegime
Yes good point Ahleckz on the prizes... anyone wishing to donate a prize please feel free to post whatever it is...

I for one as mentioned many times will be sending some brand new Guinness playing cards. This isn't anything compulsory but rather just for fun.

P.S. Hank if I win will you please please send me....... ;) (saturday peeps saturday)

Soldato
Can we have Harp related prizes?!?! :D (I'm over for a wedding in NI next week so I get to stock up on a few)

Entered my Belgium beer, think its the best of a random bunch we are enjoying this evening! (hope it's 3 points but might well be the same as last week, buy a selection and enter the popular one instead of the other 4 random ones)

Caporegime
Can we have Harp related prizes?!?! :D (I'm over for a wedding in NI next week so I get to stock up on a few)

Entered my Belgium beer, think its the best of a random bunch we are enjoying this evening! (hope it's 3 points but might well be the same as last week, buy a selection and enter the popular one instead of the other 4 random ones)

Stop crying .... whereabouts you going in Norn Iron matey?

:p:D

EDIT: Actually on HARP question, I'll see what I can do ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Entry sent DJ, they are 3mb each. Is that OK? In future I could resize them before emailing if you want. Remember, it's the name of the bottle NOT the glass (which is also a Belgian beer).

My entry, could be what you call a trend setter. I imagine many people will enter similar beers, but mines is the Daddy of them. Quite literally!

Here is the prize that I'm offering to the 2nd place person (as I'll win the contest!!) :p.

Some of you have heard of WEST brewery, I'm sure. They are a brewery in Glasgow making some pretty good German style beers. They are getting much more popular recently. They used to serve one of their beers in this mug (it's a stamped pint) but no longer so I guess you could call it rare.

img05161.jpg

I did consider giving away the glass that my beer this week features in but I love it far too much!

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm sure G will be Germany! Greece would be the only other viable one, I've drank Greek beer before and I don't fancy repeating that experience! The more obscure countries will be fun though.

We shall see my boy, we shall see!

OOh really ... turns on TV oooh look the Olympics are on ;) Come on G.B. :D

Soldato
can you automate a widespread email to all contacts in the competition email address book?

would be a good idea to have one sent out as a reminder on a Friday morning, requesting entry's, i don't mind receiving one even if my entry is in. just a thought.

on another note, in the event of a tie how do we plan on a decider? if any.

Caporegime
can you automate a widespread email to all contacts in the competition email address book?

would be a good idea to have one sent out as a reminder on a Friday morning, requesting entry's, i don't mind receiving one even if my entry is in. just a thought.

on another note, in the event of a tie how do we plan on a decider? if any.

I don't use the competition email for sending anything, that said what you have suggested could well be worth looking at matey. I have also pondered on minus points, yes minus points. Nothing decided yet (and it would go to a vote for all inputs 'IF' decided upon) ie. if we have a most popular choice followed by a second most popular choice then the points go 1 and then 2 BUT nothing for a possible third or fourth etc etc. To me this seems a possible mistake on my part as it means people that have made the effort to buy, sample and post a pic run the risk of zero points exactly the same as somebody that doesn't bother doing anything that week. Hence I'm toying with the idea of minus 1 point (THIS ISNT A RULE... ) for non posters?

As for a tie do you mean overall ie. 26 weeks worth?

Soldato
minus point may be a bit harsh, penalizes people for taking part i fear, maybe minus 1 for a non entry is something to consider?

and yes after 26 weeks if we have x person on 40 points and y person on 40 point then a decider of sorts, don't know how this would work, maybe count up all 2 and 1 point entry and total number of point tallied for the win? just a thought.

i think any rule revision/addition like you say should be voted in or left for season 2 any way.

Soldato
I approve of people being docked a point. Part of the reason we are voting for 3 countries a time is to cover people going away so there isn't really an excuse not to play. But, we don't want to make it to rule heavy!

Tie break challenge, the winners have to find a bottle with the craziest label and everyone else votes? Something like that.

Back
Top Bottom