*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
I've sent mine for next week as well mate. Going to be in Amsterdam getting up to mischief.

There is some text in the email it might be worth reading in case there is a problem with my entry. ;)

Soldato
Shoddy!!

Hope you're enjoying life in Bolton. Only down the road from me. Although we've been in Manchester for the mother in laws birthday.

You know your wife gets you when you keep checking your phone and when someone asks what you're looking at she says he's probably checking if the beer results are up!

Caporegime
Shoddy!!

Hope you're enjoying life in Bolton. Only down the road from me. Although we've been in Manchester for the mother in laws birthday.

You know your wife gets you when you keep checking your phone and when someone asks what you're looking at she says he's probably checking if the beer results are up!

:D

No mate I'm back home again (N.Ireland) as I was only in Bolton for three days. The only part of Manchester I saw was the airport :)

Early days yet in the competition, but apart from one certain person ;) it's tight!

Caporegime
OK I've updated the scoreboard, zero pointers moved into 'Bar Stool Fallers' section. Each week one will be moved into 'Taxi Home'... I've also put main section in order of scoring, I'm sure this will please a few of you :)

Soldato
Some questions.....

H - Human (body parts featured beer) - As you have said 'Cutthroat' is allowed here if the 'bodypart' is part of a word is that ok?
R - Red (Ale) - is this any ale or does it have to be red/ruby?
Y - Ye Olde (old world worded beer name) - what's allowed? (example of what's allowed please :))

(sorry if already answered)

Caporegime
Some questions.....

H - Human (body parts featured beer) - As you have said 'Cutthroat' is allowed here if the 'bodypart' is part of a word is that ok?
R - Red (Ale) - is this any ale or does it have to be red/ruby?
Y - Ye Olde (old world worded beer name) - what's allowed? (example of what's allowed please :))

(sorry if already answered)

H - if it's part of the word (word as in beer name) that's fine.

R - Red - Must have 'Red' in the description - RED not Ruby ie. Red Ale

Y - Good question :p

EDIT: I'm guessing 'Y' could be any Olde World type script used for naming the beer...

Last edited:
Associate
On the same questions for clarity..
N Number. Shilling. Is that it HAS to be a shilling beer? Or any beer with a number, including shilling beers? I suspect the answer is ONLY shilling beers, because we have week X for number beers, but just in case. (just hoping on this one as a compromise, can it just be a Scottish beer, as in supermarkets near us, no bottles have shilling indications on labels that I can see even on Scottish beers)
K King. Does it have to feature King as part of the beer name, or a beer that features a king in the name? Or can it be a queen? Or a ruler/leader of an alternate title? Can King be part of the brewery name, or does it have to be part of the beer name itself?

Also, can the same beer be entered into more than one week?

Caporegime
On the same questions for clarity..
N Number. Shilling. Is that it HAS to be a shilling beer? Or any beer with a number, including shilling beers? I suspect the answer is ONLY shilling beers, because we have week X for number beers, but just in case. (just hoping on this one as a compromise, can it just be a Scottish beer, as in supermarkets near us, no bottles have shilling indications on labels that I can see even on Scottish beers)
K King. Does it have to feature King as part of the beer name, or a beer that features a king in the name? Or can it be a queen? Or a ruler/leader of an alternate title? Can King be part of the brewery name, or does it have to be part of the beer name itself?

Also, can the same beer be entered into more than one week?

N Number - Shilling was really meant to be Shilling beer only. I'm now guessing this is going to limit it for a lot of people. I suppose we could open it up to Shilling ie. money anything to do with money?

K - King any King featured beer name - so the King part MUST relate to the beer name only. It can be King itself or it could be a king past or present. NO Queen thanks :)

Yes you may a beer as many times as you like, though keep in mind once it's seen others will remember. All I ask is a fresh pic rather than the same one again :)

EDIT: Actually it would be a good idea to update the first page listing after all this :)

Associate
So a Green King brewery beer that doesn't feature anything king related in the beers name wouldn't count then. And when Marstons did a single hopped beer named Sovereign, that also wouldn't count?

Caporegime
So a Green King brewery beer that doesn't feature anything king related in the beers name wouldn't count then. And when Marstons did a single hopped beer named Sovereign, that also wouldn't count?

Green King Brewery = No

Sovereign = hmmmm no but good call :)

If it makes you happier I don't have one :)

Oh and maccapaaca said he would enter a beer called Elvis and no that wouldn't count either :p :D

Associate
H - if it's part of the word (word as in beer name) that's fine.

R - Red - Must have 'Red' in the description - RED not Ruby ie. Red Ale

Y - Good question :p

EDIT: I'm guessing 'Y' could be any Olde World type script used for naming the beer...

Again, sorry to be a pain, so red is ok in the description, it doesn't have to have red in the name itself? That will make things much easier.
King and shilling though have both got me pretty stumped.

edit* just checking if a beer named after King **** would get past the swear filter *edit

edit 2* yep *edit

Last edited:
Caporegime
Thanks, and yes Y is a good question :D

Olde World type script - as in? :p

Mercy!

Again, sorry to be a pain, so red is ok in the description, it doesn't have to have red in the name itself? That will make things much easier.
King and shilling though have both got me pretty stumped.

edit* just checking if a beer named after King **** would get past the swear filter *edit

edit 2* yep *edit

Yes 'Red' as in Red Ale etc doesn't have to be in the name itself :)

Back
Top Bottom