*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
I took the shilling round to be basically a Scottish round anyway as it is of Scottish origin. I thought that was fine to be honest. Sure I cant get anything locally but I'm looking forward to trying something from north of the border... I may be heading up that way with work in the next couple of weeks as well, although mail order if not.

Caporegime
I took the shilling round to be basically a Scottish round anyway as it is of Scottish origin. I thought that was fine to be honest. Sure I cant get anything locally but I'm looking forward to trying something from north of the border... I may be heading up that way with work in the next couple of weeks as well, although mail order if not.

Feel free to enter a shilling beer if you want to mate, it's perfectly fine :)

Soldato
Posted in the "Things Purchased in April" thread over in GD, but just as relevant here

013_zps98c0e912.jpg

Time to do my homework...

Soldato
I'm struggling for H, I think I'm going to have to go with what I think will be the 3 pointer... The beer I was going for, is missing an "s" for if to qualify. Another I picked up doesn't really count so it'll have to be one of the readily available ones...

Soldato
I took this as in the body part word can be part of the beer name? I've got one where a body part is only part of a word that makes up the beer name, so the actual word isn't a body part.

What? If I read that right, you mean like "arm" being part of "No Harm Ale" for example?

Surely that's not allowable, kind of takes all the point out of the round!

Caporegime
What? If I read that right, you mean like "arm" being part of "No Harm Ale" for example?

Surely that's not allowable, kind of takes all the point out of the round!

Your example wouldn't count.... the example asked before which was Cutthroat, would count as cut and throat can be two separate words. H arm can't, this make anymore sense?

Soldato
Your example wouldn't count.... the example asked before which was Cutthroat, would count as cut and throat can be two separate words. H arm can't, this make anymore sense?

The one I have is along those lines, but I think it just doesn't quite meet the spirit of the round. I did nearly post it in the now drinking thread, but will wait until after this round!

Soldato
Not liking the changes that have taken place. Surely some rounds should be tricky to get. And, cutthroat shouldn't be allowed imo. But hey ho, if you guys need rule changes to keep up with me so be it. :p

Soldato
Not liking the changes that have taken place. Surely some rounds should be tricky to get. And, cutthroat shouldn't be allowed imo. But hey ho, if you guys need rule changes to keep up with me so be it. :p

lol, (remembers 'flashgate' :p)

Why complain now? The 'cutthroat' question was asked weeks ago. As for the 'shilling' round many of us were struggling to find just one beer to enter! There are still plenty of tricky rounds.

Back
Top Bottom