*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
A 16% stout, ouch. Dogfish do one around that, and one of Brewdog's Abstrakts is strong and stout like. I'm perplexed.

Kanifee, it sounds like you're throwing in the towel already!

I think I'll cry if anyone enters Carlsberg for Denmark, but I will lol if Special Brew pops up.

Soldato
Probably enter my Czech entry tonight, and will go and get my Denmark beer tomorrow or Sunday.

I have no idea what I'm going to do with England, I'm considering just grabbing something random from the supermarkets (save a bit of money) but I'm really keen to get the full 78 points...

Caporegime
I got three Czechs today, what to choose though, shall make my choice Friday night! Not confident about any of them, although I haven't heard of any of them before.

Nice one Hank, this is the beauty of this competition in that eventually everyone will be trying something completely new. Unless you are Ahleckz who is, well let's face it (covers mouth with hand and whispers an 'alco') fond of his beer :D

EDIT: doh!

Last edited:
Soldato
Sent you three emails DJ. Clearly labelled for you, no peeking now. ;):p

Finding a Czech beer was hard, going to be 1 point. :(

HI Staropramen! ;)

Nice one Hank, this is the beauty of this competition in that eventually everyone will be trying something completely new. Unless you are Ahleckz who is, well let's face it (covers mouth with hand and whispers an 'alco') found of his beer :D

Found of my beer? I think you've had enough for the week. :p

And you're wrong. Denmark will be new (though I've had other things from the brewery), England is likely to be new also as will France. I'm very much keen to try new beers, I've drank a lot of American and Belgian beer but that's about it. Pretty ignorant about other countries.
Still going to win, mind.

Caporegime
sent you this weeks. i will send you 3 wks all in one as go on hol for 3 wks on the 14th sept.

Yes that is fine mate, just be sure to send each entry in a seperate email and clearly mark them which country.

HI Staropramen! ;)

Found of my beer? I think you've had enough for the week. :p

And you're wrong. Denmark will be new (though I've had other things from the brewery), England is likely to be new also as will France. I'm very much keen to try new beers, I've drank a lot of American and Belgian beer but that's about it. Pretty ignorant about other countries.
Still going to win, mind.

I actually did mean 'fond' :p the joys of working nights with next to no sleep :D

Caporegime
Oh some good news people. Thanks to some sterling effort from our very own Seabiscuit and the generosity of OcUK, who have very kindly made a donation in the form of some OcUK merchandising. So keep watching and most importantly keep playing to find out more as the weeks progress.

:D

Once again thanks Seabiscuit and thanks to all at OcUK.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom