*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Don
I don't like the idea of the extra stuff being included like it was last time, should just be a straight out name of the beer and if the recognised name includes stout or whatever then it should be included (can easily be checked for most things by going to the brewers website).

Soldato
Haha if only i knew which you had! Although i believe they're both 4 pointers :)

I was gutted, bought one that i knew was specifically Oak Aged and was damn expensive and then read the back label on another to discover its also aged in oak so could've just stuck with that.

Soldato
Haha if only i knew which you had! Although i believe they're both 4 pointers :)

I was gutted, bought one that i knew was specifically Oak Aged and was damn expensive and then read the back label on another to discover its also aged in oak so could've just stuck with that.

I got something pretty special looking for this week so I am hopeful :)

Ah that's happened a couple of times this comp where I have gone over board looking for one and found I have another lying about that will do the same.
I've none :(

So to Sainsburys and buy one! :p

Associate
Would that not just be virtually the same as the draft round though as the cask is just for transport rather than to "age it in oak"

Well , draft comes in kegs, buts casks as many are metal too so i can see where youre coming from. As i understand it Cask ale in uk means it been transferred to a barrel predominantly made of some type of wood during secondary fermentation to pick up flavour. If that container was oak then its been oak age and should be ok ?

I hope so as i'm betting on finding one tonight !

edit: Wikipedia shows me that nearly all casks are metal and "Cask Ale" just means served from the vessel of secondary fermentation (the metal cask in most cases). So it would not qualify???
I assumed this round would be easy any pub serving a beer engine would count, looks like need find one these old pubs serves from in wood cask and that wood to be Oak not pine :(
28h to find one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom