*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
Not very confident for the UK round, I expect someone else will have the same beer as mine.

Picked up my scrabble and value beers yesterday. Can see my scrabble one being popular though.

Just to check, if it (as an example) gets 54 points but isn't unique. Do i still get 5 points for the round or is it reduced?

You would either get a 3, 2 or even a 1. :)

Soldato
How would that work then? I took it to be

Scores between 60-69 = 6 Points
Scores between 50-59 = 5 Points
Scores between 40-49 = 4 Points
Scores between 30-39 = 3 Points

etc. Though i'm happy to accept i've likely got it very wrong!

I might be wrong but as I understand it you would only get the scrabble points as above if you have a one of a kind beer? But if you have 2nd or 3rd or most popular beer it would the points as in a normal round.

DJ will confirm. :)

Caporegime
I might be wrong but as I understand it you would only get the scrabble points as above if you have a one of a kind beer? But if you have 2nd or 3rd or most popular beer it would the points as in a normal round.

DJ will confirm. :)

Good question. Last time we used Scrabble it was for only three people and the total points were the deciding factor.

I do like the idea of a standalone entry getting the points as described my Marvt74 (this is what was explained before) but I'd not taken into account the what to do with matching beers. To be honest I hadn't planned on docking anyone this round, but with it so tight at the top it could make in interesting.

What would you all like? The points as explained remains... but would you all like in most popular you drop to 2, 2nd pop 3 points. 3rd pop (very unlikely BUT you never know) 1 points?

Let me know folks.

Caporegime
Best way would be...

Total score as above but also add the usual weekly score too. So even if two people tie they still get same scrabble score but only 2 or 3 added onto it.

This make sense and keep everyone happy?

Back
Top Bottom