*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
total points :) gives me a chance to catch up.

Total points was my first choice too - and then I thought about it . . . . .

I'm currently sitting in 5th place in the competition on 67 points. Now lets surmise we go with "Total Points" and I get say 70 points for my entry and no one else comes close to me - so I'm now on 137 points, there's five rounds left to go and a maximum of 20 possible points available which "could" mean there's absolutely no chance anyone else could catch me effectively deciding the winner of the competition five rounds before the end.

Does that make sense?

My suggestion would be follow the standard rules of awarding points and should anyone chose the elite one off that no one else has then they're awarded the additional point. That still keeps it nice and close for everyone else.

Caporegime
Sonea_Fifer total points doesn't mean the total Scrabble score. If you had say 70 points you would get 7 for it.

I propose if you had entered an only beer you would get 7+4=11 score 11 points.

Soldato
Everyone else happy enough then?

Sounds like a cunning plan :cool:

Yep, sounds like a plan. Now to try and be tactful and go for the highest scrabble score but debate whether someone else will get it or go for something slightly lower that might be unique!

If I said I'm feeling quite confident for another full marks beer entry this coming Sat I'll probably jinx myself - I have however purchased a few other random beers which look to be quite interesting. Too late to be used as competition entries but keep an eye on the now drinking thread. :p

Soldato
Ignore my earlier comment, i'm fairly sure i've just found a beer that will send me top!

This is on the basis that "Smooth Creamy" was included for the March of the Penguins beer last round so what i'm including should also be scorable.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm scared, i've got one which i'm confident would be unique and very high scoring which i'm confident with the full name.

Alternatively i've got the one above that would get me an extra 2 points but on the other hand could get me 4 points less!

I couldn't see anything on page 1, have you got the scoring criteria list to hand so i could try and judge better?

Caporegime
I'm scared, i've got one which i'm confident would be unique and very high scoring which i'm confident with the full name.

Alternatively i've got the one above that would get me an extra 2 points but on the other hand could get me 4 points less!

I couldn't see anything on page 1, have you got the scoring criteria list to hand so i could try and judge better?

No. I'm making it up and changing it as I crawl along....

;):p:D

Back
Top Bottom