*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Soldato
I'm still struggling to see how Netherlands can be an option. Have I missed that being explained? As Holland isn't actually a country, then I suppose we void those results? I'm confused. By allowing Netherlands to be voted for, it does make a bit of a joke of the premise. I think for N we should have North England, M should be Middle England, O should be Ohio, J should be Japan. I thought the point was to discover new beers, from new countries. By having a country twice, it diminishes the opportunity.
It's an even bigger waste of time when you consider the few decent beers that Holland/Netherlands has.

Who's joining me in vetoing it?

Soldato
I am also anti-netherlands but only because there was just no choice of anything fun/nice (with the precedent set with having England for E is that we are taking the smaller components of big states we should have been more strict to where the beers came from for the Holland round and eliminated the ones that didn't come from the area that is Holland, but I think that is for a future game and Netherlands just shouldn't be an option in this set of voting).

Which reminds me can we make the U for UK but a special round of the UK, so instead of a massive free for all we all state the nation of the UK we are living in at the moment and are not allowed to enter a UK beer from that bit. So for me currently living in England I could only enter a Welsh, NI or Scotts beer, nothing from England. Add's some challenge to get 3 points from an originally easy round.

Caporegime
I'm still struggling to see how Netherlands can be an option. Have I missed that being explained? As Holland isn't actually a country, then I suppose we void those results? I'm confused. By allowing Netherlands to be voted for, it does make a bit of a joke of the premise. I think for N we should have North England, M should be Middle England, O should be Ohio, J should be Japan. I thought the point was to discover new beers, from new countries. By having a country twice, it diminishes the opportunity.
It's an even bigger waste of time when you consider the few decent beers that Holland/Netherlands has.

Who's joining me in vetoing it?

Hungover much... :p

It's in the mix and the more you stir the more the chance people will add some more ;)

I didn't vote for it, but rather hastily voted New Zealand to keep PapaLazaru happy but then again not voting for Netherlands has pleased you too. See am all heart <3 :D

Caporegime
Which reminds me can we make the U for UK but a special round of the UK, so instead of a massive free for all we all state the nation of the UK we are living in at the moment and are not allowed to enter a UK beer from that bit. So for me currently living in England I could only enter a Welsh, NI or Scotts beer, nothing from England. Add's some challenge to get 3 points from an originally easy round.

Loving this idea! Though I think Ahleckz mentioned something similar before for UK, but it's out there for others to think about and comment on :)

Back
Top Bottom