*** The Official OcUK Beers Of The World Competition ***

Caporegime
Sorry Ahleckz I misread this post earlier today while half alseep...

As is my birthday, hint hint.

Just poured a whisky and munching on some extra mature cheddar. Sounds like a good evening to me! If only my brunette was here (awh).

Ok so the points (NO Change for this competition) for the next competition- you would be saying 4 for single 3 for 2nd most popular etc etc?

Some cracking ideas for Y! I am loving the Yuletide idea :) anything with a Christmas theme or do we go with must be in name?

Soldato
Sorry Ahleckz I misread this post earlier today while half alseep...

Ok so the points (NO Change for this competition) for the next competition- you would be saying 4 for single 3 for 2nd most popular etc etc?

Some cracking ideas for Y! I am loving the Yuletide idea :) anything with a Christmas theme or do we go with must be in name?

Haha, no problem. I meant that it's my birthday soon (well in a month!). Plenty of time for you to get my present sorted. ;) ;).

Something like that, I don't think people should be punished for having the 3rd most popular choice, tis all. Not really sure how it'll work, maybe a reserve scoring system? Like in Golf?

Why don't we jig Y and call it Yuletide but have it for the Christmas week? I think anything Christmassy themed would be fine. A hell of a lot of breweries come out with a Christmas beer so it should be quite easy to find something.

Hah, we're discussing Christmas and it's not even November yet. Crikey!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Something like that, I don't think people should be punished for having the 3rd most popular choice, tis all. Not really sure how it'll work, maybe a reserve scoring system? Like in Golf?

Why don't we jig Y and call it Yuletide but have it for the Christmas week? I think anything Christmassy themed would be fine. A hell of a lot of breweries come out with a Christmas beer so it should be quite easy to find something.

Firstly the scoring: The reason it was done this way was simple (well at the time), it gave the player the option of do I play safe and go with what I reckon will be the most pop. or do I risk having something no one else will have. Yes I agree (this was also mentioned before comp started) it does seem harsh (and having experienced it, can also vouch for it) whenever someone makes the effort of entering something only to walk away sobbing like a young chil.... oops I mean walks away with no points the same as a no entry. Yeah the oint change can only be a good idea :)

Secondly - Xmas beer for 'Y' I do love the idea, though part of me is split with swapping it for the Christmas week.

Soldato
Just food for thought. As I've said multiple times, I think this is a great competition for a couple of reasons:
It gets people drinking beer that they might normally not.
It's probably expanded peoples knowledge of the available types of beer that are there (though I'm not sure this has been that profound - hence my styles competition suggestion).
It's undoubtedly brought business to local, independent, beer suppliers and brewers which is great!
Oh, and it's good fun - though I have been driving my girlfriend mad by constantly talking about it and organising our going out around where I may be able to pick up a beer. :D

Christ, I'm a soppy illegitimate child today!

Finally, it's great because I'm going to win. :p

Soldato
Christmas beer sounds like a great idea for the Y round!

Also to be organised (and bored this afternoon) my O week beer is submitted and my zoo beer is too :D (I am not going to get any better inspiration so getting them in now seems fun, plus I have all the "funny" weeks sorted I think)

Soldato
i'm out a lot in the coming weeks so have entered these today, can u confirm receipt please:

mexico
new zealand
name beginning with 'o'
portugal
any other beer used by another forum person from anywhere
beer with a number in it's name
a proper zoo beer if the mythical is scratched off.

Caporegime
i'm out a lot in the coming weeks so have entered these today, can u confirm receipt please:

mexico
new zealand
name beginning with 'o'
portugal
any other beer used by another forum person from anywhere
beer with a number in it's name
a proper zoo beer if the mythical is scratched off.

Yes mate, all received cheers :)

Back
Top Bottom