3 pointers -

America - Budweiser
Belgium - Leffe
Denmark - Special Brew
France - Kronenbourg 1664
Holland - Amstel
Ireland - Guinness Original
Mexico - Corona

These are all bloody obvious and easy to obtain beers.

Soldato
I'm not sure Leffe is the most obvious for Belgium, nor is Special Brew for Denmark. I'll give you the rest though. I'll be going for something obscure for the Q though, I'm here to taste new beer - not to reaffirm that the 'obvious' choices tend to be rubbish.

I hope the obvious choice for Russia is 3 points, as that's all that I can find! :o

Soldato
My Q is a good one someone already got in, and I saw it and thought I would try a 'proper' version of this type of drink as it is not my normal tipple. I very much enjoyed it earlier tonight. It is what this comp is all about.

Caporegime
Had a brainwave the other night in work about 'Q' Now before I mention what it is I'd just like to state this will NOT be happening. The points being awarded should have also taken into account the countries selected ie. most populdar country, 2nd most pop. etc. Oh well...

Soldato
Lol yeah and reflect how popular they were the first time, so unpopular countries with one or two hard to get beers become the most points :D (though that could get very out of hand..)

Caporegime
Lol yeah and reflect how popular they were the first time, so unpopular countries with one or two hard to get beers become the most points :D (though that could get very out of hand..)

It would have been potential 3 points for beer and same for country ie. potential max 6 point round.

Or since the beer choice is massive.... go with country rather than beer ;)

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
Just a quick headsup for my fellow ****heads ;)

Apparantly B&M have the Innis and gun Independence Day Special 2012 in for £3.79 for 4 bottles, think I'll try and find some to have a try, their special bottlings are normally quite nice.

Caporegime
Quote Beer entries .... 6 so far

I'm working again tomorrow so the results will be up later tomorrow night. Definitely made a horlicks with the scoring on this round as so much more could've been done. ie. players quoted, countries quoted etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom