Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm not terribly surprised turnout is higher than that for GE. This is a vote of change/no change whereas GE is a choice between crap, crap or what is generally considered a wasted vote.

Soldato
Sophy Ridge ✔ @SophyRidgeSky
''The estimated turnout for #EUref is 83.7% - if correct that's extraordinary. The last general election was 66%''

Amazing if true, and I hope it is as I have 20 quid on a high voter turnout!

Soldato
I'm not terribly surprised turnout is higher than that for GE. This is a vote of change/no change whereas GE is a choice between crap, crap or what is generally considered a wasted vote.

It is also very easy to understand what you are voting for. That usually helps.

Caporegime
Do you not think a close call but to remain may do that anyway? Surely if it is anything less than 60/40 it will send a clear message out and probably lead to other countries holding their own referendums?

It's what I am hoping for anyway.

Nope.

Because there's no pressure at all.

So what if nearly half the country hates it.

Its not like a political party that can be voted out next election.

Only thing that happens is maybe a few more UKIP meps next election as more people become apathetic about voting.

What pressure can possibly be exerted by the people of the uk on the government bodies of the EU?

Not like we can rock up outside thier offices in protest without significcant investment

Soldato
Time for another theoretical question please.

All you remainers, if a remain/leave referendum was held on the basis that if we stay we have to switch to the euro, would that change your vote?

Well, it would change the discussion and i'd listen to the new points. So i'd rethink my choice but I don't know if i'd change it

Caporegime
Some Eastern Europeans ate some ducks and fish I guess? : D

I was Remain.

Please dont trivialise the theft of fish by eastern europeans.

Me and my brother pay £180 a year to our local fishing syndicate. About 3 years ago, they spent £130,000 on top quality carp for the fishery.

This year there have already been at least 10 Romanians caught catching and stealing the fish for the pot. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. They take swans too.

Caporegime
If this goes to Remain, combined with the London Mayoral election result I hope it buries Boris and he fades away.

Soldato
Nope.

Because there's no pressure at all.

So what if nearly half the country hates it.

Its not like a political party that can be voted out next election.

Only thing that happens is maybe a few more UKIP meps next election as more people become apathetic about voting.

What pressure can possibly be exerted by the people of the uk on the government bodies of the EU?

Not like we can rock up outside thier offices in protest without significcant investment

Also with this referendum, Cameron or anyone, has lost the ability to threaten to leave the EU.

Stupid referendum to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom