Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Voted leave, so at least C64 won't be putting me on his ignore list.

I think that Remain will win by a bit if I am honest, I predict it will be within 10%, so 55 - 45% or something like that, maybe closer to 52 - 48%.

Don
I'm not terribly surprised turnout is higher than that for GE. This is a vote of change/no change whereas GE is a choice between crap, crap or what is generally considered a wasted vote.

I think it shows that if we had PR and people understood that every vote counts then the turnout for GEs would be much, much higher.
In my constituency the Tories got 65% at the last GE with Labour in 2nd place with 11%.

Man of Honour
Please dont trivialise the theft of fish by eastern europeans.

Me and my brother pay £180 a year to our local fishing syndicate. About 3 years ago, they spent £130,000 on top quality carp for the fishery.

This year there have already been at least 10 Romanians caught catching and stealing the fish for the pot. Absolutely disgusting behaviour. They take swans too.

I've had the same experience in my locale

Associate
I think it shows that if we had PR and people understood that every vote counts then the turnout for GEs would be much, much higher.
In my constituency the Tories got 65% at the last GE with Labour in 2nd place with 11%.

That too! It actually feels like your vote is going to make a difference. In GE I've known people not bother voting because their constituency always has a significant party majority.

Associate
To the people who voted 'remain' -

What are you going to do about building extra hospitals for our ever expanding population?

What are you going to do about building new schools for our ever expanding population?

Are you happy for employers to employ and pay for cheap European labour?

I voted out, but i'd have quite happily voted in if i knew Cameron would grow some balls and do something about our immigrant problem. I mean they are all queuing up in France to come over here and they do that for a reason and it's because it's so easy for handouts. Why don't they claim asylum status in France?

Last edited:

C64

C64

Soldato
Thanks guys so now I and others like me can look forward to a lifetime of minimum wage me being unskilled and all.Thanks to the endless supply of cheap labor eu migrants willing to work like shire horses for £7 an hour not all of us are bright enough to go uni or have well paid jobs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sophy Ridge ✔ @SophyRidgeSky
''The estimated turnout for #EUref is 83.7% - if correct that's extraordinary. The last general election was 66%''

Amazing if true, and I hope it is as I have 20 quid on a high voter turnout!

If that's true, that is very good to hear! We should be aiming for 100% participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom