Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Very good speech from Boris, I think we'll start to see a more serious side to him now.

Surprised by the outcome of the vote but out of the two options I feel better about Leave winning. Gives us a chance for real change rather than the same old excuses of blaming everything on the EU.

We can just blame the exact same problems on ourselves now.

Soldato
This will be make of break for young people. Either this will turn them off politics even more or they will really start to engage on a level we have not seen since the 60s

Soldato
i was going to vote leave, then my wife said she wanted to remain.

So i just voted remain.

I did tell her it would be a leave vote anyway... ha

Associate
Lol @ Boris claiming this means the future will be great for the young. Well, it's not what they wanted. YouGov reckons support for remain was,

75%, 18-24
56%, 25-49

The 'young' need to take a lesson on how voting in a democracy works. ALL votes are equal. The young do not get more votes or more weight just because they might live longer!

Age is irrelevant. LEAVE won the referendum. Every vote counts equally and LEAVE got more.

Caporegime
A little snippet in one of the BBC articles mentioned that we could end up leaving the EU but still retaining free movement of workers with EU states. So we could end up out but still retain all the Immigration...

that would be rather silly politically, for a large portion of the working class voters this sort of immigration was part of the issue

they're not fussed about Asian nurses or, Indian Doctors, IT workers or American Bankers, they're fussed about low skilled Romanians

Caporegime
sure but that is rather short term... we'll be better with a points based system if/when certain other EU economies collapse, Greek style

If we have a points system. We could have the same system as now, or a 20' high wall, or something in between.

But if I was in Poland on the fence about moving to the UK, I would be definately coming now.

Caporegime
Over 1 million more people voted to Leave than Remain. Those that didn't vote don't count.

This pathetic crying about the result not being representative needs to stop. It was. Live with it.

When was I crying? I'm stating the rules around Referendums and how the results can be statistically interpreted.

I've not even mentioned how I voted in here.

Associate
The 'young' need to take a lesson on how voting in a democracy works. ALL votes are equal. The young do not get more votes or more weight just because they might live longer!

Age is irrelevant. LEAVE won the referendum. Every vote counts equally and LEAVE got more.

IMO if there's a minimum age you have to be to vote, there should be a maximum age too. Age 70+ people should not be allowed to vote for a future they won't be a part of.

Soldato
I can't help but feel, rightly or wrongly, that George Osborne's doom and gloom predictions following a leave vote sealed the Brexit win. Surely he has to follow Cameron and step away from the limelight?

Can't help but wonder if there will be a massive drive for proportional representation in local and general elections, following the decent 70+% turnout for the referendum.

Yet I find it quite scarey that ~27% of the UK's total population (including kids and non-elidgible residents) voting leave sealed the deal.

Last edited:
Associate
People are complaining it wasn't representative? :rolleyes:

Most votes would kill for a 72% turnout!

This was an unprecedented election. MASSIVE turnout and fully representative in a way not seen in this country for a long, long time.

One side clearly won.

Now we move on to leave the EU. It's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom