Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
160524135416_kissing_mural_trump_johnson_exlarge.jpg

A real possibility ....

Soldato
Very good speech from Boris, I think we'll start to see a more serious side to him now.

Surprised by the outcome of the vote but out of the two options I feel better about Leave winning. Gives us a chance for real change rather than the same old excuses of blaming everything on the EU.

Associate
What I find funny is that people are harping on about immigrants from the EU when the majority of immigrants are from outside the EU so this doesn't change a thing.

Well it does because a high percentage of EU immigrants would fail the visa requirements non-EU immigrants are subject to. We don't need those people, we should cherry pick only the brightest and best.

Suspended
Its a nearly 50/50 split of less than 3/4s of the voting population too.

In reality is more like a 36/38/38 split, which is far from conclusive.

Over 1 million more people voted to Leave than Remain. Those that didn't vote don't count.

This pathetic crying about the result not being representative needs to stop. It was. Live with it.

Soldato
I'm in 2 minds whether to apply for my visa for NZ and stay there when i go in January, at least i'll have a few months to see how things go before then.

Also, i'm glad i changed £600 a few weeks ago into €'s for my upcoming trip to France in July, however, i've still got to change £1200 yet for the same trip, i hope the £ recovers a bit before then.

I never voted but i expected remain to win, thought people would bottle out of voting out so i was shocked this morning when i saw the results, rather than be disappointed though, we have to look at this as an opportunity. One one door closes etc.

Given the option of a second vote though, i'm sure most of those who didn't vote, would, i would vote. Also, i would have hoped for some kind of buffer where there was a clear winner, not one vote either way wins.

Let's see what happens next anyway, at least i have an escape plan haha

Permabanned
But if it was the other way around and Bremain won? :D

Lets be honest,Remain are just butt hurt that it didn't go their way.

I understand both sides of the story,Why people votes out,why people voted in etc...BUT the results are done,Why is it so hard for people to just accept it.

If it was the other way round there would still be calls for another vote. Farage himself said he would do it if Remain won and it was close.

Associate
Very good speech from Boris, I think we'll start to see a more serious side to him now.

Surprised by the outcome of the vote but out of the two options I feel better about Leave winning. Gives us a chance for real change rather than the same old excuses of blaming everything on the EU.

Agree. Everyone needs to sit down now (including remain people) and work through how we are going redefine Britain's place in Europe and (of course) leave the formal EU treaty.

We have a chance to build something better. Something that WE in Britain will be solely in control of.

This is the most positive day in a generation!

Soldato
What I find funny is that people are harping on about immigrants from the EU when the majority of immigrants are from outside the EU so this doesn't change a thing.

Do you think an area with less than 8% of the world's population should be making up almost 50% of immigration?

If EU workers had to pass the same visa tests as everyone else, immigration would drop by a third straight away.

Associate
It's scary the amount of much misinformation and false statements in this thread.

That's true for this thread and both campaigns.They have been run this way which is sad in this day and age.
But no one will give you the real facts right or wrong.

where we stand is as i see it,
we all had chance to a vote,its happened ,just got to see where the ride takes us all and hope for the best .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom