Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
And in 10 years with 3.5m more mouths to feed and shelter.

Hopefully the government will look at shoring up the infrastructure if we remain otherwise it'll be worse in 10 years time

The population is in a state of flux so you would be unlikely to notice. Not as many kids being born (due to people concentrating on careers) and the population ageing means its unlikely to change by that much. But yes, hopefully, they will invest in the things the country needs more heavily.

To be fair to Gibraltar, the EU helps stop Spain playing silly buggers with the border so of course they'd likely be in favour of the EU.

I think this is the reason that N.Ireland will be a strong Remain vote. They don't want border controls back, its too much of a reminder of days past.

Soldato
I'm giving you facts from real life and your giving me facts from a table or website. Keep it real man, if the population increases the way it is going at the moment then the NHS waiting times will get longer, god help me when i need to see my doctor and school places were always there but are not now because of our ever increasing population. OK, lets bring 1/2million extra people over into the UK .... do you think school places and NHS waiting times will get any better?

I'm telling you, what matters for what you are saying is money available to the government vs population levels.

Yes you can have more people and for waiting lists to go down.

Economic growth gives everyone more money, including the government.

Anecdotes about waiting times at a GP and not getting into popular schools in your area aren't solved by leaving the EU. The NHS as I've said doesn't operate at less than close to 100% capacity, in order to be cost effective. Schools being oversubscribed isn't a new phenomenon. Like I said, when there aren't enough school places to go round, then there is a problem. However, planning for population growth of school age children is relatively well predicted and catered for.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom