Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Yep, I was wondering what all yhe panic was about really. He didn't seem to care one jot about the result.

If he didn't care then he wouldn't have made a statement and he certainly wouldn't have made a statement in which he made sure to make the £250bn "emergency funds" clear.

This volatility in the markets is far from over.

Associate
Biggest concern for people who voted leave is immigration, what you here on news is people saying polish taking our jobs, kids in schools not speaking english, non british filling up GP places.

Now then, pulling out of the EU in the next 1 hour for example does no automatically reduce the UK population, the only way then to deliver on what leave voters wantis to start kicking people out of the country[/SIZE] or wait a few generations and fully close our borders and not let anyone in.

Source?

Also how is reducing immigration to a manageable level the same as "kicking people out of the country" :confused:

Soldato
The vitriolic responses from the remain people is bloody disgusting.

Not here but facebook and twitter, talk about sore losers.

The in campaign did not help itself at all with Eddy lizard and scruffy Bob Geldof. :mad:

They also kept shouting in debates which scored them no points at all.

British people do not like being shouted at, told what to do or go unheard when voicing opinions.

The EU has paid the price of poking a bulldog with a cattle prod. :p

Correct.

Don
Exactly.

Did people vote leave in the hope this would be an option? Tarriff free, free trade without freedom of movement? lol.
Why is freedom of movement such a big deal. If it's that big positive a thing for the EU, then they should be rubbing their hands that the rest of the EU can get the benefit of free movement whilst the UK doesn't.

If they genuinely want to maintain the EU's cohesion going forward they will very quickly need to concede on that point otherwise they can expect the Greek et al financial issues they've been kicking along the road for the best part of the past 10 years to now rapidly come back to bite them on the arse. Hence why the EU are coming out that they need to sort it out pronto. We've called their bluff on this one and are in the position of power, the EU could lose everything they've built up over the past 70 years if they don't.

The UK's position in the EU is another thing they've kicked down the road since day one. From day one, it should have been all or nothing - not the sitting on the fence scenario we ended up in.

Caporegime
Exactly.

Did people vote leave in the hope this would be an option? Tarriff free, free trade without freedom of movement? lol.

I would be absolutely stunned if we leave the EU and then get favourable and preferential trade deals like the rest of the EU member states whilst being able to be exempt from freedom of movement. It would make a mockery of the whole of the EU.

With respect, I think you're making a mistake by thinking like a Brit that free movement is a bad thing (understandable given the context of this referendum). To have the good thing - free trade - you must accept the bad thing - free movement. However within the EU, they don't see free movement as a bad thing - it's a good thing, one of their founding principles. A lot of them probably can't understand why we don't want it. So I think it is entirely possible to de-couple free movement from the issue of free trade - as Canada are about to demonstrate.

Also, it's important to understand that free movement isn't a binary option - there's lots of different questions to be answered and any agreement we strike I expect to be reciprocal.

Soldato
I asked a bit earlier along with others,

Where is George Osborne, he has been suspiciously quiet for the past week, i am beginning to think him and Cameron never saw eye to eye on this and that Osborne was secretly in favour of leave, but stood by his mate instead and stayed out of the limelight mostly.

Mobster
Soldato
I asked a bit earlier along with others,

Where is George Osborne, he has been suspiciously quiet for the past week, i am beginning to think him and Cameron never saw eye to eye on this and that Osborne was secretly in favour of leave, but stood by his mate instead and stayed out of the limelight mostly.

When Cameron goes, Osborne goes. They're essentially a double-act.

Soldato
Source?

Also how is reducing immigration to a manageable level the same as "kicking people out of the country" :confused:

Well Nige needs people to fire back to Bongo Bongo land and we all know how boisterous the extreme right wing get without people to bully. It would be unfair to leave those people without toys to play with.

Last edited:
Caporegime
With respect, I think you're making a mistake by thinking like a Brit that free movement is a bad thing (understandable given the context of this referendum). To have the good thing - free trade - you must accept the bad thing - free movement. However within the EU, they don't see free movement as a bad thing - it's a good thing, one of their founding principles. A lot of them probably can't understand why we don't want it. So I think it is entirely possible to de-couple free movement from the issue of free trade - as Canada are about to demonstrate.

I know. I am not saying it is a bad thing. I am saying that we cant have free trade if it means free movement as that would undermine the election result. As far as i am aware no country in Europe even if not a member can have one without the other.

Canada is an entirely different situation. They didnt just exit the union.

Its basically like us saying: "na we are leaving but we would still like all the good stuff that just benefits us".

It would be suicide for the EU.

Soldato
I'm open to be educated here, bit isn't farages wife german and works here?

I think you'll find she has a British (EU) passport as has my wife and she's from Africa. If you're a British national you're British regardless of where you were born.

There is a misconception that leave people all hate foreigners and want to kick them out. Very different from having control and choosing who comes in and out. There's a lot of English I'd happily see kicked out and replaced by some nice Africans but that's not the answer.

Don

Also, it's important to understand that free movement isn't a binary option - there's lots of different questions to be answered and any agreement we strike I expect to be reciprocal.
Exactly.

I personally don't believe we will even leave the EU. A new deal will be made in the next few months and will either just be accepted by our "Brexit" government stating it's the best deal possible, or we will get another referendum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom