Poll: The Official OcUK EU Referendum Exit poll (and results discussion thread)

How did you vote in the EU Referendum?

• Remain a member of the European Union

Votes: 861 53.0%
  • Leave the European Union

Votes: 763 47.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
The only thing we've proved to the world is that we are a nation of idiots. In or out we are now the laughing stock, never should have been put to a public vote imo. The United Kingdom couldn't be any less united right now!

Soldato
That would have been likely if Corbyn had resigned today. However he didn't so the Conservatives will see an easy victory by calling an election.

Stability and continuity is a better way of settling the markets. If they can at all carry on, it'll be preferable. If not, we'll see what the news is soon enough. I'm also slightly looking forward to seeing DC being a total arse as a backbencher. ;) I think he is planning to enjoy his last parliament, long speeches, barbs at cause and party, and such, if his sudden exit is anything to judge by.

Caporegime
I stand corrected, I didn't realise it was so close in Leeds (It doesn't surprise me though). I find it odd that those who received the most EU funding voted out, I'm sure their are valid reasons but what are the (If anyone can, please explain)

They probably weren't aware of the funding they received, or the desire to stick it to the establishment was great enough.

Or they didn't feel the EU funding was relevant to them.

Associate
It's been posted, but it was this afternoon so is about 20 pages back :p

Doesn't surprise me :D

I think it is by far the most likely vector for resolving the colossal mess we are in though. Those MPs know that they are initiating one of the defining moments of the UK, and its not going to be a happy one.

Soldato
Soldato
Stability and continuity is a better way of settling the markets. If they can at all carry on, it'll be preferable. If not, we'll see what the news is soon enough. I'm also slightly looking forward to seeing DC being a total arse as a backbencher. ;) I think he is planning to enjoy his last parliament, long speeches, barbs at cause and party, and such, if his sudden exit is anything to judge by.

There is a petition for parliament to skip it's usual summer break to deal with the fall out.

Associate
They probably weren't aware of the funding they received, or the desire to stick it to the establishment was great enough.
Or they didn't feel the EU funding was relevant to them.
I keep seeing this theme re-appearing, would be nice to have a conversation with someone who voted leave in one of these places

I think after 300 pages we should just all agree to disagree and move on ;)
Hehe, now that is being unreasonable.

Caporegime
Political suicide, I can see that happening

Ahh, it seems to be a similar case up here as the East Ridings gets an awful lot of EU funding for coastal defense, culture etc. Strange but whats done is done

People voting to brexit due to housing concerns will have more to worry about when their existing homes dissolve into the sea I guess.

D13

D13

Associate
Another interesting comment from elsewhere:

"Boris never wanted to leave, he wanted to lose but come out with an energized party with fresh eurosceptic members who would back him for the leadership and thus the premiership. Then he could say, "it was a once in a lifetime chance, such a shame we can't have another vote, let's just muddle on and negotiate with them for Blighty."

The only happy one is Farage and he's a **** fruitcake"

Why is he a fruitcake?

He is a true hero of this nation.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29690642 said:
Ignorance mostly - many people simply didn't take the trouble to find out and voted with instinct on the headline issues instead.

Cornwall is a particularly good example - it has done exceptionally well out of EU money and benefited in ways it never would have from regular government funding yet voted leave?!

Maybe they simply did not like the hand that was feeding them? They have the right to reject that and not be called ignorant.

On the other hand, they will also need to accept the consequences of their actions.

Caporegime
No way. As with many in the Asian community I am outraged that Remain wanted to exclude non-EU families (just like the present government does) in order to allow free movement of EU people. Red line I'm afraid, we need a fair immigration system.

Problem is access to the eu free markets comes with freedom of movement.

So how do we get round that one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom