***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Argos 3 for 2 is happening this Friday apparently, I'd assume dates accurate as the prices have noticeably gone up. For instance the Porsche was 175 and now it's 219. Others have also been increased but not to such large margins

Associate
So am off to Cardiff next week, that of course involves a trip to the lego shop!

Me and the partner have floated around the idea of getting a (first) joint lego set.....
I wanted to get the snowspeeder, but shes not keen on the star wars big sets (despite me owning the likes of the imperial shuttle!)

Always loved the two big Simpsons sets so we may get one of those.

Or perhaps should look at the Argos 3 for 2..... one set for me, one set for her and then the joint set! (although no snowspeeder)

Caporegime
So am off to Cardiff next week, that of course involves a trip to the lego shop!

Me and the partner have floated around the idea of getting a (first) joint lego set.....
I wanted to get the snowspeeder, but shes not keen on the star wars big sets (despite me owning the likes of the imperial shuttle!)

Always loved the two big Simpsons sets so we may get one of those.

Or perhaps should look at the Argos 3 for 2..... one set for me, one set for her and then the joint set! (although no snowspeeder)

Walle is a great one. My gf loved it.

Is that the UCS imperial shuttle? Want!

Associate
A link to the official release date and price will be welcome, I can't afford it but the money will appear from somewhere, similar to the coallition 1.5billion...

Associate
I both want and don't want it to be... would love to build it but don't have anywhere to keep it, nor the money right now to afford it :p

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, I'll be wanting to display it once built, currently no where to place it. But i have a plan :D

A link to the official release date and price will be welcome, I can't afford it but the money will appear from somewhere, similar to the coallition 1.5billion...

Its not official yet, hence why i said teasing, lots of guessing and Lego keep saying watch this space. So an announcement can't be too far away :D

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Picked up around 35 boxes of Duplo for £425 the other week. This guy had put up 35 individuals ads on a 2nd hand site. All boxes were mint with 99% of the pieces in there. Nutter!

At least now I've got the kids' birthday and Christmas presents for the next 5 years sorted! :D

k7Dp7pv.jpg

BnuqxOJ.jpg

Soldato
Really really hope for a new millenium falcon.
I think I'll buy one for me and two for investment. Maybe 3
Doubt very much if it is a new falcon it will be a good investment, volumes will be high based on the demand for the old version and people will stock pile. Plus with the likes of Lepin selling the same sets at a fraction of the cost (yes slightly lower quality) it reduces the amount of people that will want to pay a fortune for it.

Associate
There are now images analysing the pictures posted by Lego saying they can see stuff which confirms it is the Falcon. My concern is they update it for the new films and ruin it like the death star. But at approx 700 euro it's not going to be cheap

Caporegime
I'd like to build it, but have no interest in owning one or displaying one. It would look hideous in any room unless you live in a massive house. I also think the ship has sailed on buying one as an investment. Same with minifigs now, last weeks highly collectible minifig say bossk holds value because he's not available anywhere else, then they release him in a £15 set elsewhere. Value plummets. Same with the falcon, the chances of re-releasing especially Star Wars stuff is very high.

The latest stuff like the force awakens stuff is utter gash, no idea if they are rushing this stuff or not getting good details in advance but Star Wars stuff is lately terrible. The falcon should just be a refresh so should be better than the original.

Caporegime
I don't expect it to increase in value like the others (in fact Saturn V might be the best investment (at present can sell them at near 50pc profit). But I will get at least two of this iteration

Back
Top Bottom