***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I had to do my lepin agents of shield helicarrier in hard mode, as the bags aren't numbered and there are 2996pcs, it was a marathon and a half building this thing. didn't have enough space to do any real organisation other than into piles of different colours.

Never understood the logic of sorting by colour. Picking out a particular colour amongst a pile of parts of similar shape is easy. Picking out a particular shape amongst a pile of parts the same colour is hard. Sorting by colour makes your life more difficult.

Personally I still tip them out in a big pile and root through them (On bigger builds I might move all of the larger pieces to one side to make it a bit easier to find the small bits), rummaging through a big pile of lego for one part is part of the appeal and takes me back to my childhood where all my lego was in one bucket and I made up my own creations.

Associate
Never understood the logic of sorting by colour. Picking out a particular colour amongst a pile of parts of similar shape is easy. Picking out a particular shape amongst a pile of parts the same colour is hard. Sorting by colour makes your life more difficult.

Personally I still tip them out in a big pile and root through them (On bigger builds I might move all of the larger pieces to one side to make it a bit easier to find the small bits), rummaging through a big pile of lego for one part is part of the appeal and takes me back to my childhood where all my lego was in one bucket and I made up my own creations.

Took less time to search through a small pile of the same colour item rather than one pile of near 3k peices.

Soldato
Finished part 6 today... Man it was fun took me close to 6 hours... Was so much fun sorting all out. Should be complete by Monday :)

Yep - it's a biggun alright! Worst part was finding somewhere cat proof to put it overnight for me!

Wee heads up - both of the next bags (7 & 8) take way less time than that combined! :)

Soldato
Finished the Saturn V this evening, very impressive model once finished. Actually quite a quick build as already stated there is a lot of repetition but still enjoyable, felt more like a model kit opposed to a lego set (if that makes sense).

Caporegime
I like it too, an impressive design. I have 3 bags to go and despite my son buying it for me for fathers day and him having 600 kits to complete he didn't let me get much of a look in! Only bit I don't like is try as hard as I can I can't get a few of the panels to sit as nicely as I would like. The sections of grills above the USA and looking at post 8004 I'm not the only one.

Best thing of all is printed blocks. God I didn't miss stickers. Going to buy the shuttle to go with it.

Associate
Rescued all my old Lego from my mums loft over the weekend, wow I really had a lot. Found some right gems, Airport Monorail, Black Seas Barracuda and the M-Tron 6 wheeler amongst others. My best find was my 9V train, I think it was called the Euro Express or something, grey with a red, white and blue line through it. I think I will lay it out and see if it runs again. Might even post some pics!

Soldato
Do any of you happen to know/have a copy of the Lego Store events calendar for July? I've seen one online stating there is double points for VIPs from July 1st to 4th but I'm not sure if this is US stores only.

Asking I was want to pick up the 911 but I'm in no rush to do so, so want to make sure it's when they are running a points event.

Associate
Do any of you happen to know/have a copy of the Lego Store events calendar for July? I've seen one online stating there is double points for VIPs from July 1st to 4th but I'm not sure if this is US stores only.

Asking I was want to pick up the 911 but I'm in no rush to do so, so want to make sure it's when they are running a points event.

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-july-2017-store-calendar-promotions-and-events/

I wanted to get the Saturn V during the VIP period but that's unlikely now.

Associate
My best find was my 9V train, I think it was called the Euro Express or something, grey with a red, white and blue line through it. I think I will lay it out and see if it runs again. Might even post some pics!
$_58.JPG

Sounds like it's the Metroliner! Classic 9V set. Lego trains are awesome.

Soldato
Associate

Personally i wouldn't bother buying the 911 from the Lego store, you can currently pick it up for £90 cheaper in John Lewis.

Soldato
Personally i wouldn't bother buying the 911 from the Lego store, you can currently pick it up for £90 cheaper in John Lewis.

Wow thanks for that! I was mainly doing it for the points but the saving at JL is far greater than the value of the points. I've already got one 911 I got the day it was released that I was keeping nice in the box for the future but I keep looking at it wanting to make it so will grab another!

Associate
$_58.JPG

Sounds like it's the Metroliner! Classic 9V set. Lego trains are awesome.

I have the original from 1991 it turnes out, I always thought I have the 2001 rerelease, but I built it up a few weeks ago, only missing the black eletric points that fold up and down. I've even bought some parts to turn it into the RC powered, plenty of space inside the engines to do it, its just the fact it costs around £40 per train to do so :(

Back
Top Bottom