***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
While ive not bought any for a month or so, i believe toys r us have got 25% due to being in administration. Im going to visit my local one at the weekend to see if i can snap any bargains.

Associate
I had a check of mine at the weekend, lego was 10% off current price including and existing sale price. They are currently selectively reducing sections, so popular things such as Lego and Slavanian things are 10% off, but generic outdoor toys were 25% off for instance.

Soldato
Local toys r us has hardly anything Lego related worthwhile, don't they owe TLG like 5 million or something - so I suspect most of their Lego stock to be shipped back to TLG, noticed smyths and Argo have better Lego sales at the moment.

Soldato
We just finished off a Lepin version of an old Technic set (8461) Williams F1 car, surprised how big it was especially compared to some of the other larger cars. Also need to pull my finger out and get some more shelves sorted.

LepinLego8461_01.jpg

LepinLego8461_02.jpg

Associate
Nice.

You know there is an actual Williams F1 car hanging on the wall like that in Wantage museum!
(Wantage is the town next to where they are based, a village called Grove)

Soldato
I have a second hand Williams Technic F1 Racer with no rims or tires, I might have to buy the Lepin one for the wheels as those wheels are damn expensive on bricklink

Associate
I've got an original Williams F1 too, it should be buried in the loft while we're in the middle of building work, and I was also surprised at view large it wad when I built it.
Looking forward to digging it out and getting it, and everything else, displayed somehow.
@GSXRMovistar think you need to get the tracking done on the Williams, looks like too much toe out to me :D

Soldato
Might be a bit of a long shot, does anyone have a Toys R Us gold loyalty card they won't need any longer (Toys R Us no longer accept due to admin)?

Smyths are doing an offer for the next week or so for 20% if you hand one in, and was planning on getting a bit of Lego...

Associate
I traded in a platinum card today and picked up the Technic 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck for my son. I also grabbed my daughter the Technic BMW R1200 GS bike as an Easter holiday break from exam study that doesn't involve a screen (plus she wants a bike not car when she can, start small).

I am helping my son build the Airport Rescue Vehicle he bought last week, so I think he may end up with a collection. He isn't interested in the Mack truck but I think I would quite like that myself sometime if I get the chance :p.

@decmatt, when I asked they did say it could be any colour card but the girl at the checkout when I went back in just asked for the Platinum one.

If your local store would accept a blue reward card, I would happily pop in the post 1st class to you. I don't think I even registered that one, as it still had the sticky gum on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
I traded in a platinum card today and picked up the Technic 6x6 All Terrain Tow Truck for my son. I also grabbed my daughter the Technic BMW R1200 GS bike as an Easter holiday break from exam study that doesn't involve a screen (plus she wants a bike not car when she can, start small).

I am helping my son build the Airport Rescue Vehicle he bought last week, so I think he may end up with a collection. He isn't interested in the Mack truck but I think I would quite like that myself sometime if I get the chance :p.

@decmatt, when I asked they did say it could be any colour card but the girl at the checkout when I went back in just asked for the Platinum one.

If your local store would accept a blue reward card, I would happily pop in the post 1st class to you. I don't think I even registered that one, as it still had the sticky gum on it.

Thanks for the offer :) Trust sent

Back
Top Bottom