***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Associate
Called in at Smyths last night to take advantage of the current offer. (Essentially 20% if you do it right)
Picked up, Harry Potter The Great Hall, Modular Diner, and..............The UCS Falcon :eek::D. The box is HUGE !!
Its unlikely to ever be cheaper than 20% off. Lego would have to offer 4 x VIP points just to match it.
Well chuffed.

Soldato
Enjoy the Falcon :) It's a great build...

Still need to find a good way to display mine as it's currently under the spare bed.... we don't really have space for a coffee table or any obvious shelf locations so need to think about it... I promised my wife when I bought it that I'd take it apart again to store it until we someday had somewhere to display it, but couldn't bring myself to do it and it's been up there for over a year now :p

Associate
Its interesting.
LEGO now seem to let some brand stores sell what used to be exclusives to the LEGO store/S@H.
Not all, but more now it seems than previously.
The modulars are great to pick up with 20% off. These are not normally available with some of the great discounts from Amazon etc.
VIP points are welcome, but even on double points events, its only 10%.

Man of Honour
I'm so glad I got the x-wing when I could - £28 in the end, thanks to the discount and a voucher. My son has been going on about Star Wars lego for some time, and his collection of City and others is growing rapidly. But the price of the Star Wars and Harry Potter has been putting us off.

Soldato
They are always RRP during 3-for-2, double discount is asking a bit much isn't it? Amazon drops the prices in individual sets to compete, it happens every time nothing new....

EDIT: Argos is works out way better better if you are buying 3 sets of a similar price. Amazon works out better if buying outside of 3 for 2 or if you want 3 sets at very different price points.

Associate
Thinking of selling my Technics Porsche to clear some space for new sets, however when I was finished with the build I was left with a handfull of small pieces leftover which I have no idea how I missed out of the build :rolleyes:

Anyway, to make things worse I don't know what I did with the pieces so am unable to put them back in the box. Do you think this would put most potential buyers off? From what I can tell the set looks and operates perfectly fine without the missing parts.

Back
Top Bottom