1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rameses, Nov 26, 2008.

1. mushtafa

Wise Guy

2. 413x

Capodecina

A perfect marriage!
    [​IMG]

3. mjt

Capodecina

I've got a Chiron in a sealed shipping box. Debating whether to just build the thing or sit on it for years..
    It's currently in my unopened collection of wasted money:
    Bucket Wheel Excavator, Mack truck, MB Arocs, Porsche, Firehouse, Saturn V and the original Death Star. I'm sure there's something I'm missing as well.

4. Mr^B

Mobster

The Chiron was a really satisfying build - much better than the Porsche, which I felt got a bit repetitive once you got to putting the bodywork together.

5. 413x

Capodecina

I will get another chiron for that later. The porsche is already getting pricier.
    I still want one though! Lego technic is much more interesting than standard lego!

The chiron is my first technic set!

6. b0rn2sk8

Mobster

I have gone off technic and Star Wars, I am very much liking architecture and creator expert at the moment.

7. uncle_rufus

Mobster

Well it finally happened...

Almost 2 years after building it and promising if we couldn't find space to display it I'd dismantle it again I finally got around to breaking the Falcon back down... it didn't take as long as I thought it would but was still a bit of an ordeal - my fingers are so sore; and as a guitarist of almost 20 years that takes some doing! (yes I used the lego tool thing, and it helps a lot but not completely)

On the plus side it means I get the fun of building it again someday (when we hopefully have a lounge with enough space for a coffee table to display it in) but it's going to be the toughest build I've ever done with all the pieces mixed and not in their original numbered bags :p

8. toasteh

Wise Guy

Numbered bags are cheating anyway :p

9. 413x

Capodecina

For the chiron im doing 2 bags at a time only. Its too much risk to get to the end with a technic set to find you missed a bit at step. 1!

I mixed. Lots of bags with the falcon and eventually it did feel Like a chore