***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
I thought that when I first saw it on paper. I had a good look at it in the lego store and it’s huge, completely dwarfs the SSD.

There are loads of big pieces in the model which make the £/piece higher.

Only you can decide if it’s worth it or not though.

Soldato
This is the lighting i was thinking of,
s-l500.png

s-l1600.jpg

I've asked the selled if i can link in another set of greens and stick them on the falcon:D. Sorry about sizes, thats what they were on ebay.

Soldato
I promised myself that I wouldn't buy anymore big sets, but the batmobile was too good to pass up on, that's my christmas break sorted..
Me too - It’s almost perfect timing.
My 8 year old has been off lego for a few years but he was re-watching the Lego Batman movie over the weekend and said he would like some Batman Lego to build.
I also mentioned to him about how good the Original Batman film from 1989 was, and how I was around his age when it came out and remember everyone at school talking about the film and the video game.

So I Googled Lego Batman sets and what pops up - the 1989 Bat Mobile :)

I bought him the smaller £25 Bat Mobile which he enjoyed building up and I will probably get the larger set to build in the Christmas to New Year gap.

49193715603_bc1bcffa21_o.jpg

It also inspired him to build a lego Bat-Wing out of some spare black pieces he found. I thought it was a great job considering he didn't have a picture to refer to. Not sure about the engine placement though :p

49194413672_8977977a4e_o.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the 1989 Bat Mobile coming for xmas too, manged to get my order in quickly enough to get the free mini version. That's my xmas break sorted :D
Sad I missed the Limited set but I just ordered the 1989 Batmobile 76139 for £180 for delivery this week.
Going to get an acrylic display case for it so it can sit with my other 80’s stuff - Hot Toys Robocop and Ultimate Optimus Prime

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom