***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Stunning collection! 8860 is such a childhood memory and iconic etc, would love to own one, only I am avoiding the Lego rabbit hole as I collect old Scalextric.

Scalextric is the next thing in the loft. I suspect a lot of ours is in bad condition. I know my dad has a few old cars, from when he was young, that we never really used, as we would have damaged them.

8860 was awesome, it was my brother's and I was so jealous!

Associate
I like the look of the D11 but think the price is ridiculous for the functionality, its just a bit over the top.

But in better news, the Globe has had its first real image leaked, it looks great!

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations for storing lego? My son (4) has a few sets now. Quite often he likes to build random stuff so we don't keep each set in separate boxes, instead we have them sorted by colour in zip lock bags which we then empty onto separate areas of the table, but that's getting out of hand due to all his new sets he got for Christmas.

What do you guys use? I feel like we need one of those massive tool chests that mechanics use where we could put each colour in a tray! The trays are nice and big so you wouldn't need to tip the lego out onto another surface.

Soldato
Buy sorting boxes with multiple compartments, they're dead cheap. You can get them in the pound shop, and they stack nicely.

Also, sort by piece type, not colour. If you want a flat 2x6 red, you just go to your flats box.

Associate
Scalextric is the next thing in the loft. I suspect a lot of ours is in bad condition. I know my dad has a few old cars, from when he was young, that we never really used, as we would have damaged them.

8860 was awesome, it was my brother's and I was so jealous!

And it still is mine. Make sure all the bits are there and then give it back. :p and my plane and helicopter!

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations for storing lego? My son (4) has a few sets now. Quite often he likes to build random stuff so we don't keep each set in separate boxes, instead we have them sorted by colour in zip lock bags which we then empty onto separate areas of the table, but that's getting out of hand due to all his new sets he got for Christmas.

What do you guys use? I feel like we need one of those massive tool chests that mechanics use where we could put each colour in a tray! The trays are nice and big so you wouldn't need to tip the lego out onto another surface.
We got some IKEA wooden shelving with various sized plastic boxes. The big boxes are used for whole models and we use the smaller boxes fir oart/broken models. We do also have some small storage tubs with lots of compartments.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Anyone got any experience with building a vase for the bouquet 10280?
Found some bricklink rip-offs on Amazon but not so many on bricklink. Maybe I'm using it wrong.

Are there any other user-generated Lego ideas web sites?

Man of Honour
My two epic builds are now complete. The Titanic:

kd00X5u.jpg

A very satisfying build and the result is spectacular. Looks just as good with the three parts on display as it does with the complete ship. It is massive and now got the problem of how and where to display it! :p

Finished this morning, the Lamborghini Sián FKP 37:

VuZfttP.jpg

Quite a complex build with lots of small parts but enjoyable. It is large and yet more display shelving to be done.

Just showing how large these are, a comparison of the stern section of the Titanic with the Lambo:

HCqzstm.jpg

That is enough Lego for the time being. :D Now for all that shelving. :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Any pics from inside the Titanic?

Are there any moving parts or things to look at that come apart like cabins or anything?
-edit just looked it up on Brickset :o

Back
Top Bottom