***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Prime day sale on atm. Got big bowser for my daughter (160) and the at-te (87) so not too bad.
Just realised the at-te doesn't actually sell for rrp anywhere, but something of is better than nothing.

Last edited:
Took advantage of teh double VIP points to grab the Bookstore modular and Winnie the Pooh for Daughter (later investment as she is currently 2 and loves it).

Will likely pick up the City train from Amazon as its down to £82 right now

John Lewis has a good deal on right now

"Save £50 when you spend £250 or save £30 when you spend £150 or save £10 when you spend £50 on selected Lego Lines (via promo code, see product page for details) (Apply promo code LEGOSPEND at checkout. Offer ends 31.10.2023.)

My hand was forced. Girlfriends last day at Waitrose/John Lewis so using her discount for the last time :( it's made Lego much more impulse worthy!

Lighthouse set is one I've wanted from the start but never pulled the trigger, and the Santa house is for her to set up at Xmas along with the elf one we bought last year!

Before the offer and her discount
Screenshot-20231019-101151.png

Then comes right down :D I'll take that

Screenshot-20231019-101004-2.png

One last hurrah :(

iir it means the large technic piece came in a seperate bag or loose in the box. you'll be working from bag number x needing those 2 red pins from that bag x plus this loose part.

Last edited:
Currently building the 1:8 scale Technic Ferrari and I don't know if its just me, but the little pins seem to be more difficult to push in. I remember with the Porsch they pushed home easily with a satisfying click, but with the Ferarri i'm having to tilt the part around and apply a lot of pressure.

Last edited:
Currently building the 1:8 scale Technic Ferrari and I don't know if its just me, but the little pins seem to be more difficult to push in. I remember with the Porsch they pushed home easily with a satisfying click, but with the Ferarri i'm having to tilt the part around and apply a lot of pressure.
Is that the number 51 Le Mans car or the Daytona?

ELJ585c.jpg
Ea8BCqs.jpg

So it looks like Lego have indeed changed the design of their pins from the Porsche, Lambo and Bugatti to the new Ferrari Daytona. I knew they felt different, but I broke both my thumbs a few months back and thought it might have been due to that. The left is the old design and the right is the new. The new pins also have a small slot in the side that's absent from the old pins. Its weird as it looks as though the right/new should be easier to insert with the longer slots, but I'm wondering if they have maybe changed the material to a less flexible plastic and the new longer slot design is to combat the lower flexibility... Either way its definitely less satisfying to build with imo.

This is the problem I have with many of the supercar models. They all feel the same under the bodywork.
Yeah definitely true, but I just love the look of the finished cars as display pieces.

Back
Top Bottom