***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Soldato
Built the Merc and McLaren over the past week, Formula E and Senna next! Waiting for the larger Merc to drop in price :D

IMG-6146.jpg

IMG-6220.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I ended up checking out a lot of Star Wars sets in between MOCS and got Emperor's Throne Room 75352 on a deal that I couldn't resist (£67 down from £90 on Amazon), will do a mini review below.

AP1GczPFHOLDOgEJjF0wZaglAlDTBFBJP71OZ_p1sA1urWV8sGG5Mn8elA8mpP2KYWcrDtIuGVXxccUCclcHr_-EokePIDLYoBMA7sD-RDccv2rE4MkKSKc=w2400

Return of the Jedi was one of the first films I ever saw at the cinema, with this representing arguably the most memorable and epic scene in it, so this set with the 40 years commemorative brick holds some real meaning to it. I also think this is one of the best looking Lego sets I've ever seen in terms of a complete shelf display. It's 800 plus pieces for what is actually quite a small scene, but you get a lot of detail packed in. The mini figure scale still works really well for the tone of the scene and the whole thing feels like a complete display piece which is obviously what they intend it to be. I prefer this to the other sets that use this type of base.

You get lightning bolts as well hidden under a floor panel, but I'm keeping this configuration for now, the Darth Vader figure also has a ravaged, old Anakin head beneath its helmet so you could display a lot of different scenes using the same set. I really like the built base that will look great in a large case or with its own small case cover.

AP1GczNEQZ4qCdc6yW05z-DjXifSA0dBnxwxAS8XnI9Mzikthzo6fUr1D3aJHe81LWVcSn3NIss00y47s3rBHpOLmqJx3qfhWqF83VoqG5FATsCQsLGKNYc=w2400

AP1GczOb7Hc8F5XKhuZyWcwrIvtlUTt-TAW-xW_GYneOhfxNT2bMOPcJ70rpInDquE7GtPF64lMjVHlYk07h5j0N_izcCh9Pw7HEsYpvgV0y0IqBfShjzjE=w2400

You can buy light kits for it, but even just a simple LED bar beneath it makes for a decent lighting effect. Definitely recommend this set as a display piece.

AP1GczNgDa6gbmECHU4-NlvMKOkZoNJpnrsqIot52TWcekoOA8RzeLgSey_IoteihJqcqf1d7sRYi5EXOV5LyG4cL7yMTQlrz_tQF38XevaHIGJV1JuR58A=w2400

Soldato
My 6 year old son got a Lego set for his birthday, the Lego city train kit, this one:

LEGO 60337 City Express Passenger Train Set, Remote Controlled Toy, Gifts for Kids, Boys & Girls with Working Headlights, 2 Coaches and 24 Track Pieces, Plus 6 Minifigures https://amzn.eu/d/bwlS4f6

Grandma bought it for him, it's really good.

But the track is quite short for the size and speed for that matter of the train.

Thinking about getting him more track, and then maybe a train depot etc etc .

Which got me thinking, where is the best place to buy Lego?

Are there any third party/knock off Lego brands that are compatible and any good?

Soldato
My 6 year old son got a Lego set for his birthday, the Lego city train kit, this one:

LEGO 60337 City Express Passenger Train Set, Remote Controlled Toy, Gifts for Kids, Boys & Girls with Working Headlights, 2 Coaches and 24 Track Pieces, Plus 6 Minifigures https://amzn.eu/d/bwlS4f6

But the track is quite short for the size and speed for that matter of the train.

Are there any third party/knock off Lego brands that are compatible and any good?

There is a whole wide world of knock off / compatible Lego - look at Lepin or Marstoy for starters :)

ajf

ajf

Soldato
Soldato

Check the following two sites for loads of train and track options:-

https://joooooy.com/collections/tra...1&_sid=9119abbf4&_ss=r&variant=43483640463581

Soldato
Been craving a proper Lego build for quite some time recently. I've been collecting the smaller cars over the years. Decided to finally get the Porsche RSR i've been looking at for years, also picked up the Ford GT.
Built them up over the last couple of days. My finger tips are in bits now! :cry: Got the Briksmax light kit for the RSR, very fiddly but pretty decent result in my opinion.

nXSyd9Jl.jpg

wy2WPaol.jpg

mOPUQOHl.jpg

Ss7KBkSl.jpg

I think the Peugeot 9x8 will be the next project. Will probably get a light kit for that too.

Permabanned
Been craving a proper Lego build for quite some time recently. I've been collecting the smaller cars over the years. Decided to finally get the Porsche RSR i've been looking at for years, also picked up the Ford GT.
Built them up over the last couple of days. My finger tips are in bits now! :cry: Got the Briksmax light kit for the RSR, very fiddly but pretty decent result in my opinion.

nXSyd9Jl.jpg

wy2WPaol.jpg

Ss7KBkSl.jpg

I think the Peugeot 9x8 will be the next project. Will probably get a light kit for that too.
That Porka is outstanding!

Soldato
First Marstoy order received and built (well most of it)

There was the bouquet and flower centerpiece for my eldest daughter and it did have some "stems" missing, but gonna get on to their CS and get some more sent

I went with a Star wars mini fig pack

1000061635-01.jpg

1000061639-01.jpg

1000061640-01.jpg

Tie Fighter

1000061646-01.jpg

1000061648-01.jpg

And X Wing

1000061663-01.jpg

1000061653-01.jpg

And with my genuine (different kit) Tie Fighter

1000061671-01.jpg

Soldato
A week off and idle hands... I've been busy again! I think I might have a problem...:p
I present to you the Peugeot 9x8 Le Mans Hypercar
Really impressed with this kit, probably my most enjoyable build yet, I love the RSR but it was a super fiddly build and some parts are a tad flimsy to the touch. The 9x8 kit is very well designed and impressively sturdy. Looks mint on the shelf as well. I have the light kit for it, not fitted it yet though. Its late, and I've just poured a whisky, that can wait till tomorrow.
ij1MOQPl.jpg

jV5u2fwl.jpg

777yagxl.jpg

YexHY9Nl.jpg

fKz3IgWl.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom