***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

Think I’m going to sell the UCS Falcon and replace it with something different. It’s a monster, but I’m a bit bored of it and it’s so flipping hard to move!

Trying to decide what to go for, think the current shortlist is:
Hogwarts Express (collectors edition)
Concorde
Hogwarts Castle

think I’m going to have to see if there’s any recently retired that aren’t astronomical that I’m missing out on!

I think both versions use all or most of the parts. Aside from the tree leaves or Blossom.
It’s the part I’m struggling with, I just don’t see 2500 parts there, the tree looks quite basic and doesn’t have much detail at all.

The few figures are nice but I don’t see £260.

Last edited:
It’s the part I’m struggling with, I just don’t see 2500 parts there, the tree looks quite basic and doesn’t have much detail at all.

The few figures are nice but I don’t see £260.

Some of this and also the fact that this is more a play set, rather than a display set. I prefer a display set. I think there will be like 20% of pieces not used at any one time due to the 2 in 1 element. Which personally, I would need to find a place for them to keep and that is always annoying.

I personally would have preferred a building from a village, perhaps the stable with the horses from BotW, figures would be Link, Zelda in the white dress (and blue tunic), Stable lady, a roaming trade seller, a few horses.

Or they would do a Link to the Past style dungeon set, make it like a house so 2 to 3 floors, square rooms, trap doors, chests, those green and purple knights figures, with a main room with Ganon in there. Hook shot, bow and arrow, pots and hearts inside chests etc

Last edited:
My local Toymaster had all the new June 01st sets being sorted and priced today for going on shelves.They let me have a look but sadly not purchase.

Think the Zelda set is getting a wide release isn't it so John Lewis / Smyths means at least 20% sales once the initial rush quietens

Last edited:
Was at LegoLand last week it was pretty good. The Lego store they have there is huge and has pretty much everything. Was hard to not spend a fortune….

IMG-0202.jpg

The Deku tree is likely one of the lesser sets they have planned, but by releasing it first it guarantees sales as many want those mini figures and as the very first Zelda set it will sell.

Guaranteed they have Hyrule Castle and other more desired sets good to go, but they want to maximise each set. If Hyrule Castle was released at the same time as Deku Tree, Hyrule Castle would probably sell it out three times as much.

I agree Deku Tree asking a lot for the price, as much as a Switch console, also many will double up so they can display both variants of it at once. Lego will still sell a lot of these most likely.

My Lego wishlist continues to grow with all these new sets being released...

Unfortunately I've had to put on hold buying more Lego since I'm likely to be moving to US before the end of the year.

Definitely not looking forward to having to pack up my current collection, put it into storage, before then working out how to ship it over to US some time in the future!

Last edited:
My Lego wishlist continues to grow with all these new sets being released...

Unfortunately I've had to put on hold buying more Lego since I'm likely to be moving to US before the end of the year.

Definitely not looking forward to having to pack up my current collection, put it into storage, before then working out how to ship it over to US some time in the future!

Sounds like most of it going to be completed pulled apart if you doing such a long move, unless you pack it really well so it wont fall apart during transit. All depends on which sets you have though ? Have you posted some pictures of your whole collection, or would you mind doing it ?

I don't have any pics of the city - and it recently suffered an accident so needs to be rebuilt anyway
But here are some pics of most of the rest of the collection:

37FqVEN.jpeg

mKNr9Ds.jpeg

sKlL3v1.jpeg

FJjsOsN.jpeg

0Y5qDyR.jpeg

Luckily, I have a fair few unbuilt sets still - this is about half of the unbuilt pile.

JuUWhcj.jpeg

and yes - I'm fully prepared to have to rebuild it all after the move.

Sounds like most of it going to be completed pulled apart if you doing such a long move, unless you pack it really well so it wont fall apart during transit. All depends on which sets you have though ? Have you posted some pictures of your whole collection, or would you mind doing it ?

Last edited:
@rypt Thanks for posting those pictures, you have quiet an impressive collection ! Quiet a few of the builds, especially the cars, I think you can just carefully wrap up and place in boxes without having to demolish them all. It be quiet a few boxes in anyway for you to transport over, especially the unopened lego you have, since for some reason lego seem to enjoy using a big box for just half the amount of lego that is inside it ! :p

I don't have any pics of the city - and it recently suffered an accident so needs to be rebuilt anyway
But here are some pics of most of the rest of the collection:

37FqVEN.jpeg

mKNr9Ds.jpeg

sKlL3v1.jpeg

FJjsOsN.jpeg

0Y5qDyR.jpeg

Luckily, I have a fair few unbuilt sets still - this is about half of the unbuilt pile.

JuUWhcj.jpeg

and yes - I'm fully prepared to have to rebuild it all after the move.
Id just not move :p . I reckon the Sian and the Chiron would be ok and any other technics sets are normally reasonably robust, but you're going to have a right mammoth session with all that. Even if you break it down I reckon you'll be using dozens of boxes (might be worth bagging the bits, then putting the bags in boxes incase a box gets damaged).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom