***The Official OcUK Lego Thread***

UCS Millennium Falcon arrived today. Picked it up for £550
Now to work out where I can put it once built.

It’s an amazing build. Get a display stand for it, looks better and saves space.

Getting it on there was tough, followed a video placing it carefully upside down on the sofa. Only a couple of panels fell off. I also attached the stand at the earliest point in the build where it wouldn’t get in the way (basically once the bottom is finished). I worried about it during the whole build!

Managed to find this stand today:

Haven’t quite decided how to display the Tantive IV though. It’s a funny build, it’s so close to being a UCS model. Worth every penny so far. Just working out what to get next.

Last edited:
Came as a freebie:

rW1dL8j.jpg

I have got to the stage that I have Lego in the entrance hall, the kitchen, the living room, the bedroom, the office, the bathroom, the only room that has no Lego in it at the moment is the spare room. I decided I wanted to swap the office and spare rooms around to give me a bigger office (the spare room gets used like twice a year and I work from home). To do this I need to swap a bed and a sofa, and move all the shelving with the Lego on it.

I made a decision at that point that it was time to reduce so I have for the past three weeks or so been breaking down, cleaning, bagging and prepping for storage/sale loads of Lego sets. I've done about 30 so far with another 30 or so in the obvious to do list. I'm getting rid of all my Harry Potter, most of the Marvel and smaller DC sets (keeping, Batmobile, Tumbler, Batwing for example), all 20-25 Speed Champion size cars, some pirate ships and will be getting rid of most of my smaller Star Wars sets (75192 is staying but 75257 will be going).

Think I should be able to get everything broken down or rearranged in the house by Christmas time ready to start selling in the new year.
It’s an amazing build. Get a display stand for it, looks better and saves space.

Getting it on there was tough, followed a video placing it carefully upside down on the sofa. Only a couple of panels fell off. I also attached the stand at the earliest point in the build where it wouldn’t get in the way (basically once the bottom is finished). I worried about it during the whole build!

Haven’t quite decided how to display the Tantive IV though. It’s a funny build, it’s so close to being a UCS model. Worth every penny so far. Just working out what to get next.

I have a stand very similar, but I got it after I had built it so had to take the legs off and then fit it. It was an almighty faff and I did lose a couple of bits but you cant tell so just put them in storage with the legs). The main positive is once its fitted you have a good place to actually hold and move the beast.

My Tantive just sits under the coffee table.

Really need to decide by tonight/tomorrow whether I’m going ATAT or Venator. Last chance on ATAT that may well sell out before I get to it anyway. Venator could wait, although could be a while until double points again. I have loads of the figures to do a hoth battle, but then I also have the cantina and most of the similar sets, running out of space for both!

Last edited:
Last nights trip down memory lane! These are currently selling for £50+ on eBay, madness! Need a couple of bricks ordering to properly complete it though.

The price of vintage Lego sets is absolutely bonkers, guess it's just nostalgia kicking in for lots of middle age men with money to burn, I have a couple of Lego pirate ships ships from that era that I am cleaning up and rebuilding with the kids! Similar story with Hornby trains at the minute given it has pretty much died as a kids toy it has turned into a seriously expensive adult hobby (looking to sell of mine from when I was a kid)

Last edited:
I ordered the ATAT :D

Figured I’d go for what is retiring first and I’ve found a decent spot for it I think. Venator can wait until the next double points offering and at least I’ll have £70 off that next time.

I can finally use the Hoth battle packs that I bought and the ATST too. May pick up the snow speeder to go alongside, 75259.

Edit: bought a new and sealed 75259 snowspeeder to complete my plan.

Last edited:
The price of vintage Lego sets is absolutely bonkers, guess it's just nostalgia kicking in for lots of middle age men with money to burn, I have a couple of Lego pirate ships ships from that era that I am cleaning up and rebuilding with the kids! Similar story with Hornby trains at the minute given it has pretty much died as a kids toy it has turned into a seriously expensive adult hobby (looking to sell of mine from when I was a kid)
Indeed, take this for example, purchased on sale at £3.99 .... now yours for £450 buy it now! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom