**** The Official OnePlus 6 Thread ****

Soldato
Why not sack of Dash Charge and support an established standard...

:eek:

Dash charge is awesome and one biggest features IMO. I know there are other fast charge technologies but none come close to dash charge, getting that 50% charge when you leave your phone plugged while your go off and do something for a few minutes is great, I just wish they would launch a power bank with dash charge enabled, I would buy that in an instant.

Soldato
The thing for me is that I don't think this offers much more than the Honor 10 which is substantially cheaper (Dave that the Honor has a ridiculous logo splashed across its back)

Soldato
:eek:

Dash charge is awesome and one biggest features IMO. I know there are other fast charge technologies but none come close to dash charge, getting that 50% charge when you leave your phone plugged while your go off and do something for a few minutes is great, I just wish they would launch a power bank with dash charge enabled, I would buy that in an instant.

Qualcomm Quickcharge 4.0+ is just as quick now and you can fall back on qc3 and 2 if you don't have the necessary charger laying around.

Overall the OP6 seems pretty decent. A relatively large camera sensor 1/2.6" with OIS and I like the silk black finish.

I hoped for stereo speakers and a larger battery but ah well. I'm gonna hold out for the Pixel 3 XL. No rush really still happy enough with my OP5.

Soldato
OP
The One + 6T will be out in 6 months so why buy this. Oh wait the 7 will be out soon.

One + 6 month cycle is a turn off.

I really don't understand why people say this. It's no different to LG releasing a G phone and then a V phone 6 months later. Or Samsung with their S and Note phones. Really OP should call the phone they release later in the year something different like bringing back the X brand.

Soldato
The thing for me is that I don't think this offers much more than the Honor 10 which is substantially cheaper (Dave that the Honor has a ridiculous logo splashed across its back)
While it is cheaper its doesn't have oled or stock Android and I think the design touches of the OP6 are that but better. It will be interesting to see a camera comparison.

Soldato
OP
While it is cheaper its doesn't have oled or stock Android

EMUI is enough to put me off any phone made by Huawei. It's just horrible. OxygenOS on the other hand is fantastic and definitely my favourite version of Android.

Permabanned
Will the camera suck again on this device?

Of course it will, it's just a question of how much. :D

It should be an improvement though, again no idea what they're doing with the second camera, the second one on the OP5T basically does nothing, it's just there for show.

Another question we need to know, have they enabled HD streaming playback for Netflix and Amazon? that's a deal breaker.

Soldato
I understand people
. I'm gonna hold out for the Pixel 3 XL. No rush really still happy enough with my OP5.

But the Pixel XL 3 will probably be £800/£900 which is nearly £300/400 more than the OP6. My OP5 is the same - very happy - will see what 6T brings.

I see there is a few "gaps" in the specs on the OP6 but for the price it's substantially cheaper than IphoneX, Pixel XL 2 etc.

Of course the price is going to go up everytime there is a new one launched. Iphone started at £200 and look at it now......

Soldato
I understand people

But the Pixel XL 3 will probably be £800/£900 which is nearly £300/400 more than the OP6. My OP5 is the same - very happy - will see what 6T brings.

Yeah the pixel will be silly money but if they nail the hardware (screen and build) this time I'm willing to drop that kind of money.

Samsung are dead to me know with their curved screens and bloated software. OP, pixel and maybe even the essential phone is what I look forward to each year. At this price point the OP6 wins.

Soldato
I would have got this if it had Qi Charging. I've wireless chargers dotted around the place and carrying around a dash charger on my persons is not an option. I feel that a phone without this feature is backwards step.

Soldato
I would have got this if it had Qi Charging. I've wireless chargers dotted around the place and carrying around a dash charger on my persons is not an option. I feel that a phone without this feature is backwards step.

Whilst I don't use wireless charging, I agree it was silly of them not to include it given the cost of implementation.

Soldato
I really don't understand why people say this. It's no different to LG releasing a G phone and then a V phone 6 months later. Or Samsung with their S and Note phones. Really OP should call the phone they release later in the year something different like bringing back the X brand.

Yeah I don't get this either, unless you really MUST have the latest! The T model being launched doesn't suddenly make your 6 month old phone any worse. I wait at least 2 years to upgrade these days so not really an issue for me.

Soldato
Was hoping this would have been the near perfect phone and that the rumours were true.

It is not, they were not.

For my uses, these are what turned me immediately away.

* No wireless charging. Too accustomed to Qi charging now to not have it. It is firmly believed that OP will add this to the OnePlus 6t, and then charge more for that.
* No IPX rating. The water resistance is the same as the 5t, they advise only exposing it to daily hazards like rain or puddles.
* USB port is only USB 2.0 spec, not 3.0 or 3.1. This is a bummer and no way round it because of the way Dash Charge hogs the cable. Shame because QC3.0/QC4.0 work just fine with full USB 3.1 spec support. Why not sack of Dash Charge and support an established standard...

Everything else about the phone looks really good though, which is why I find the above such a shame. Don't really care about stereo speakers if the solo one is decent either.

The LG G7 has the usual LG quirks, the Xperia XZ2 has all the specs I want, just the camera is lacking (again...), The Mi Mix 2S has no Qi or IPX ratings.

Pixel 3 or S10 in February it is for me I suppose. Seems Samsung are the only ones that can put together the best overall package. But they also charge £9 million for that luxury :/

All valid points, but I think the last one is the big one for me. Samsung may well nail it, but the pricing has got silly.

Not sure how much I care about water resistance, I like that my current phone has it but I've never dropped a phone in water in my life, though I guess there is a first time for everything.

Soldato
Really tempted with the OP6 - seems to tick a lot of the boxes for me personally (including the fingerprint sensor on the back - coming from LG phones I've decided this is the future!)

Little worried about the camera without any real life opinions so might wait a while!

Soldato
OP
With regards to the camera I guess we'll just have to wait for some reviews. There must be some sort of embargo on reviews but I've no idea when it ends. *edit* Yes there is an embargo so we'll have to wait til it lifts to get camera reviews.

Last edited:
Soldato
Any idea if the OnePlus 5T or this new 6 will work with WiFi calling on EE? The EE support forums don't list OnePlus at all under supported devices for WiFi calling, but I've found posts on other forums from people saying it still works fine. Anyone here have any experience of this from the 5T?

I like the look of both OnePlus phones, but I'm reliant on WiFi calling at home and at work, so any new phone I buy has to work with it or I'm stuffed.

Back
Top Bottom