**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Latest with regards to OP7 Pro pricing apparently will retail in line with S10E and iPhone XR

https://www.trustedreviews.com/news/oneplus-7-pro-5g-price-3704597

I would personally stick to their source (https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-7-pro-pricing-revealed) as that article makes some rather wild and unfounded statements with regards to 5G:

"The current OnePlus 6T starts at €549 in Europe, meaning an increase of €200 for this top-end version, but considering there’s likely to have a 5G modem, a new all-screen display with a pop-up selfie camera that could still be seen as decent value."

The standard Pro will not have 5G as far as I can see. That will be a separate SKU at a much higher price point as with all "first" 5G products.

Excellent news although they do have a reputation as a marketing tool rather than a reliable independent testing house. I'm also surprised as its unlikely Samsung will sell anyone their best panels which they reserve for their own phones...

I wonder with so much hate against the curved screen that we might actually see some flexible style cases that will help hide it.

Soldato
I would personally stick to their source (https://www.androidcentral.com/oneplus-7-pro-pricing-revealed) as that article makes some rather wild and unfounded statements with regards to 5G:

"The current OnePlus 6T starts at €549 in Europe, meaning an increase of €200 for this top-end version, but considering there’s likely to have a 5G modem, a new all-screen display with a pop-up selfie camera that could still be seen as decent value."

The standard Pro will not have 5G as far as I can see. That will be a separate SKU at a much higher price point as with all "first" 5G products.

Excellent news although they do have a reputation as a marketing tool rather than a reliable independent testing house. I'm also surprised as its unlikely Samsung will sell anyone their best panels which they reserve for their own phones...

I wonder with so much hate against the curved screen that we might actually see some flexible style cases that will help hide it.

I just don't see what it adds, unless you can get curved glass protectors i don't want a plastic one.

Soldato
I always have a case on my phones so curved screen doesn't bother me much but agree that I didn't find it that useful on previous phones.

Soldato
I really hope they sell tempered glass screen protectors like they did for the previous models. Chances are they will fit.

Always found their screen protectors a bit on the fragile side tbh. I used their ones for my One Plus 3 and they were not too bad but there are plenty of reports of the 6T glass screen protector breaking during installation and that has a flat screen.

I suspect if they do sell one it'll be just for the non-curved part of the screen or use dot matrix.

Personally I'm fine with the factory installed screen protectors they use, they may not be glass but they are nearly as good. I've had them on my 6 and 6T and can barely tell the difference between that and the naked glass on my 5T.

Soldato
Always found their screen protectors a bit on the fragile side tbh. I used their ones for my One Plus 3 and they were not too bad but there are plenty of reports of the 6T glass screen protector breaking during installation and that has a flat screen.

I suspect if they do sell one it'll be just for the non-curved part of the screen or use dot matrix.

Personally I'm fine with the factory installed screen protectors they use, they may not be glass but they are nearly as good. I've had them on my 6 and 6T and can barely tell the difference between that and the naked glass on my 5T.

Factory fitted one might do the trick.
Hopefully get the phone via amazon for there service.

Soldato
OP
Tempted to sell my OP6 256 in the next week or so, do you think £300 is a fare price considering it's in pristine condition with no marks anywhere.

Soldato
Those Wired images are heavily downscaled so you can't really get a good indication as to the quality. In my opinion, it's software that's becoming more important to photo quality now versus sticking as many lenses/sensors as you can onto a device.

Take the P30 Pro for example, the periscope zoom is fantastic and so too are the low light capabilities but the standard sensor in broad daylight leaves a lot to be desired because of the poor post processing. Video capabilities are also poor on the P30 vs the Samsung S10 range.

I like the sound of the OP7 Pro but unless reviews state otherwise, I find it implausible that OP will have Pixel grade computational photography.

Soldato
I don't think anyone has Pixel grade computation photography yet, they do magical things with the hardware they have compared to the competition.

Soldato
OP
Just seen some pics for the OP 7 screen protector with no notch cut out on it which would mean if true that also has a pop up camera.

Back
Top Bottom