**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Nice prices :)

The OnePlus 7T costs ₹37,999 / $599 (roughly, £430, AU$790) for the 8GB / 128GB handset and ₹39,999 (around $565, £455, AU$830) for 8GB / 256GB

Soldato
I'm not really fussed over the camera and it does the job for the average person, so for me phone is extremely tempting. The better vibration motor and 90Hz pretty much fits what I want for my next phone, but will see how the 7T Pro compares to it as well as the Pixel.

Soldato
I think he's saying all the reviews have mentioned it.

Yes! That is what I’m saying. The 7T camera reportedly performs at a level appropriate to the phone’s price, which is a shame when the brand has built itself on being as good as the best, but now there are plenty of mid-rangers nipping at their heels.

Soldato
It's average according to reviews I've looked at. Nothing terrible but flies in the face of the whole "never settle" thing... But then OnePlus have never had good cameras so not expected to surprise now I guess.

Caporegime
I get the impression from reviews that the camera is fine/good just not class leading and does better in favourable conditions. LTT's review goes into it a little bit more...

Soldato
It's average according to reviews I've looked at. Nothing terrible but flies in the face of the whole "never settle" thing... But then OnePlus have never had good cameras so not expected to surprise now I guess.
This video shows the 7T camera and Night Mode are up there with the best. The iPhone 11 Pro doesn't support Night Mode on the wide angle camera, which is probably when you need it most. (night landscapes)
A lot of the time the quality of the image is determined by the user taking them - i.e. where did they focus, what image profile/parameters are they using and were they holding the phone 100% still when they took the shot.

Caporegime
Another camera perspective, I most admit I thought the iPhone 11 would do better considering how well some of the reviews have said its camera is.

Soldato
This video shows the 7T camera and Night Mode are up there with the best.

I want the camera on it to be up there with the best but when most reviewers say meh and a couple say it’s good, I tend to assume the majority opinion is closer to the truth. The OnePlus 7 Pro camera was similar - most people said it was average and a few said it was good.

I’m also sad to read reviews referring to the 7T as a “good/great mid ranger”. These reviewers aren’t even bothering to pretend it’s flagship grade anymore, though admittedly I can’t really see what it’s lacking apart from IP rating and wireless charging.

Soldato
Another camera perspective, I most admit I thought the iPhone 11 would do better considering how well some of the reviews have said its camera is.
You can return the OnePlus video saturation and contrast to normal levels by disabling the ‘video enhancer’ option.

Soldato
I don't get people who buy a OnePlus phone and then whine about the camera.

If the camera is the main thing that matters to you, buy something else.

Camera is perfectly good enough for me, but then I only take the odd quick snap.

Man of Honour
I don't get people who buy a OnePlus phone and then whine about the camera.

If the camera is the main thing that matters to you, buy something else.

Camera is perfectly good enough for me, but then I only take the odd quick snap.
Got to agree with this, my 7 pro is a brilliant phone and the camera looks perfectly decent to me much better than the 30 pro did when I had one for a week (yeah I said it).

Back
Top Bottom