**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
I guess it gives the illusion of it being an edgeless design which was a selling point a few years back. Personally I see it as a bit of a gimmick now but could live with it depending on how it's done.

Curved tempered glass screen protectors are few and far between. The only ones that are worth buying in my experience and research are those UV cured liquid glue ones like those Dome Glass ones made by Whitestone. Otherwise you have to contend with ugly dot matrix. There will also be issues if the underscreen finger print sensor is ultrasonic (6T is camera based but still has issues with some). Pretty sure the only one certified by Samsung for the S10/10+ is the Whitestone.

Personally I'd just stick with the factory film screen protector. One Plus do glass screen protectors but the 6T one was very fragile and didn't have to deal with curves.

Soldato
Curved screen is a big no no for me I wouldn't even consider a phone if it has one so the Pro is off my list.

The standard 7 doesn't offer much of an upgrade for me either so as a long term OP user am going to sit the 7 series out and chill with my McLaren for a few iterations.

Last edited:
Soldato
yeah - dislike the curve screen intensely - just looks wrong with a case on etc.

No teardrop, pop up camera is fine, flat screen - easy. Don't over do it!

Associate
I'm another who really does not like the curved screen on a phone. I found when I had my S7 Edge it was unusable without a case for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I rarely used it without one, but it would have been nice to have the option but even then I kind of dislike it. Agree its just a gimmick these days and I would have a hard time buying such a phone now.

To be honest, I think this whole egde-edge thing is nothing more than the epitome of form over function. The Pixel phones are better just because they have some bezel, to me. Bezel-less phones do look better I'll concede, but its that age old debate of something that looks good doesn't necessarily feel good!

Soldato
After a lot of thinking I've decided to stay on my OnePlus 6. I'd like the OnePlus 7, but I can't justify upgrading my phone every year, and it is not like my OnePlus 6 struggles with anything. It still has excellent battery life and can handle all of the games I want to play. Maybe when the OnePlus 8 is released, there will be a 5G network where I live which will be a beneficial upgrade.

Soldato
I'm another who really does not like the curved screen on a phone. I found when I had my S7 Edge it was unusable without a case for me. Now, don't get me wrong, I rarely used it without one, but it would have been nice to have the option but even then I kind of dislike it. Agree its just a gimmick these days and I would have a hard time buying such a phone now.

To be honest, I think this whole egde-edge thing is nothing more than the epitome of form over function. The Pixel phones are better just because they have some bezel, to me. Bezel-less phones do look better I'll concede, but its that age old debate of something that looks good doesn't necessarily feel good!

Yup I totally agree. I love the Pixel phones, stock android along with that camera with the just the right form factor! My 2 XL started out as my favourite phone in years but do find the build quality and longevity a bit hit or miss. I've had more hardware issues with Pixel phones than I have with any others but do keep coming back to them for the camera.

One Plus phones on the other hand have been built like tanks and certainly do feel a bit more premium as well but the camera is a bit lack luster in comparison. Software is just as good if not better with the minor tweaks to stock android and it does stay snapper for longer. Not sure if that is just better hardware (ie more RAM) or something to do with the software as well.

The 7 Pro without the curved screen would have been the near perfect phone for me (only missing expandable storage and the headphone jack), so long as the camera is much improved over the 6/6T. I'll wait to see what the reviews are like and go from there.

After a lot of thinking I've decided to stay on my OnePlus 6. I'd like the OnePlus 7, but I can't justify upgrading my phone every year, and it is not like my OnePlus 6 struggles with anything. It still has excellent battery life and can handle all of the games I want to play. Maybe when the OnePlus 8 is released, there will be a 5G network where I live which will be a beneficial upgrade.

Good man! Stay strong! :D... When I got my One Plus 3 it lasted me a surprising amount of time before I got the "itch" so to speak and upgraded. If you can hold out it really does have its benefits and makes the next purchase so much more rewarding in terms of improvements.

Soldato
OP
Colour options?

10e24gy.jpg

Back
Top Bottom