The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
I received one of these today and I'm using it now. Very nice monitor for the price, no dead pixels that I can find. Thanks UberTiger for the 60Hz tip - I was wondering why the nvidia control panel was only giving me 30Hz options. All good now on 60Hz with 2x GTX780's.

The stand is absolute rubbish, will definitely be getting a wallmount or desk clamp mount.

Associate
I've had mine about a week now and I love it. Initially I was unsure as compared to my old Dell Ultrasharp it is noticeably glossier, and it feels a little bit too big to begin with. A curved version of this would work well. But now I've adjusted there's no way I could go back.

The colours are much more vivid, the blacks are amazing. You don't really notice the darker VA corners. I use 100% brightness to dodge the PWM, and frankly I could handle it brighter. It's not blinding at all.

I use mine for programming with my IDE 2/3rds of the screen wide and a browser in the final third. Both full height. It's glorious. I've also tried Farcry 4 at 2160p resolution on my GTX970 and it's absolutely beautiful.

The only unfortunate issue is my laptop, which I use for work, can't output 60hz at 2160p when it's hooked up to this. But frankly for office tasks it's barely noticeable dropping down to 30hz. The stand, as others have commented, is pants. But I've heard good things about replacing it with an Ergotron LX.

Deffo recommended, Phillips have got it right. And the price is the cherry on top.

Last edited:
Associate
Been searching for the Ergotron 33-329-085 NEO-FLEX WIDE SCREEN for the same price others paid but cant find it and cheapest i can see it for is £110 .
If all you need is a desk stand, then I just got one of these... very substantial despite it being for up to 23", there is loads of vertical movement for the 40" Philips, tilt and rotate (not high enough to put the monitor in portrait) and has allowed me to put the monitor 20mm from the desk which works for me.... it could go another 140mm higher too.

Monoprice® Adjustable Tilting Monitor Desk Mount Bracket (Max 33Lbs, 10~23inch) - Black
monostand.jpg

+

200 x 200 VESA Black Mount Adaptor Plate by electrosmart® Convert TV Wall Bracket 50 / 75 / 100 mm
200x200vesa.jpg

Both came with more screws than a hardware shop!

And all for less than £40 delivered next day

Last edited:
Soldato
Good to see prices are falling and becoming more available - the monopoly will end!

Another couple of weeks and I'll be grabbing one on weekly special from OCUK ;)

OcUK Staff
We were down to just two left, another batched just landed. :)

OcUK doing the best job with keeping this in stock and available for next working day delivery. :)

Associate
Hi all, Would this thing give you neck or eye strain at around 90cm's away?
I have mine 80cm away and as I said previously, have dropped the height to just above the desk rather than 9cm above it. My eye height is about 45cm above the desk and I have no problem seeing the extremities just by moving my eyeballs.... the text is clear at this distance too, although I do have reading glasses which make it crystal clear for my 50 year old eyeballs.

Associate
I have mine 80cm away and as I said previously, have dropped the height to just above the desk rather than 9cm above it. My eye height is about 45cm above the desk and I have no problem seeing the extremities just by moving my eyeballs.... the text is clear at this distance too, although I do have reading glasses which make it crystal clear for my 50 year old eyeballs.

Cheers for the input.....hmmm tempting...so many options...

Soldato
Any chance OCUK could bring the price down on this monitor? It's in stock for less elsewhere but prefer to buy here.

Yeah...I'm going to wait a few more weeks, its popping up in the UK and hopefully sooner rather than later OCUK will start dropping its price closer to the MSRP :)

Associate
** No competitor pricing please **

** Contact OcUK with your question **

sorry forgot about that.

Last edited:
Associate
Back
Top Bottom