The official Philips BDM4065UC thread

Associate
In general how close are people sitting to these monitors? Have you just put them on a normal desk where you previously used smaller monitors ok or have you had to adjust positioning to get further away?

Associate
In general how close are people sitting to these monitors? Have you just put them on a normal desk where you previously used smaller monitors ok or have you had to adjust positioning to get further away?

removed a 27" from the vesa mount and put this on so no distance change.

desktop use and games are the same for me, I do move back a bit for films.

Associate
removed a 27" from the vesa mount and put this on so no distance change.

desktop use and games are the same for me, I do move back a bit for films.

Hmm, thanks. I'm still completely undecided on my next monitor choice but something like this could well be on the list if it won't be a problem using it as normal desk monitor type position. Wonder if they'll do a version with Adaptive/Free sync..

Associate
is there any ghosting and input lag on this monitor?

4k @ 30 hz is rubbish imho and is a big no no for desktop work or games, but its fine for movies. display port 4k 60hz is spot on and I get no lag, plants vs zombies garden warfare is my current fave game and it plays great @3840x2160 with no lag or ghosting on a single gtx970

Associate
Hmm, thanks. I'm still completely undecided on my next monitor choice but something like this could well be on the list if it won't be a problem using it as normal desk monitor type position. Wonder if they'll do a version with Adaptive/Free sync..

gsync, free sync, 144hz and all the other great features do make things look just great and are the dogs for when you are talking to your techie mates, real world they mean nothing to me anymore as all these features disappear when I play a game, only people that get to enjoy all these goodies are the ones watching you play as when immersed in a game you don't see the benefit.

waiting for the next thing along is a mugs game, you will never own anything that way.

Associate
Hi guys,

Please can you help me. I just received this monitor today. It's been a while since I did any upgrades and am a little out of touch with things. I have two 7970's and have this monitor connected @ 4k via hdmi which is giving 30fps. I haven't come along 'display port' and apparently I need this to get it to work at 60fps.

However my cards only have mini display port connections on them, will a mini display port to full size display port give me 4k @ 60fps?

Thanks in advance

Associate
Thanks, got it working with a mini displayport to female displayport adaptor. Now runs at 4k @ 60hz.

I am getting mixed results with gaming. I have 7970 crossfire with 2600k all at stock speeds. I used to have a 2560x1440 monitor and one game I play a lot, Payday 2, ran silky smooth on that monitor. Now I appreciate this screen is double the resolution, however no matter what resolution I play the game it it runs terribly. I set up fraps and if I have Vsync enabled it will only ever run at 24fps with terrible lag, if i disable vsync then it goes upto 120fps but still feels the same.

I then tried Bioshock infinite and that played pretty well at 55fps and didn't get the lag or stuttering.

I assume it is not the game as I had it playing very well on my old monitor and presumably if i change the resolution down to 1440p then it should play the same as my old monitor?

Associate
Thanks, got it working with a mini displayport to female displayport adaptor. Now runs at 4k @ 60hz.

I am getting mixed results with gaming. I have 7970 crossfire with 2600k all at stock speeds. I used to have a 2560x1440 monitor and one game I play a lot, Payday 2, ran silky smooth on that monitor. Now I appreciate this screen is double the resolution, however no matter what resolution I play the game it it runs terribly. I set up fraps and if I have Vsync enabled it will only ever run at 24fps with terrible lag, if i disable vsync then it goes upto 120fps but still feels the same.

I then tried Bioshock infinite and that played pretty well at 55fps and didn't get the lag or stuttering.

I assume it is not the game as I had it playing very well on my old monitor and presumably if i change the resolution down to 1440p then it should play the same as my old monitor?

Could this be video ram? Does xfire still only use the single card ram ie 3gb.

When I play cod aw it uses 3.5gb,

Associate
I am not sure how to check that out, but even so surely when playing at 1440p it should run as well as when it was on my old 1440p monitor.

Looks like I might have to revert back to my old monitor until I upgrade. The only reason stopping me from upgrading right now is that I want to see what the new 390 cards can do. Something tells me that I really shouldn't be spending all that money on 295x's at this stage.

Associate
I am not sure how to check that out, but even so surely when playing at 1440p it should run as well as when it was on my old 1440p monitor.

Looks like I might have to revert back to my old monitor until I upgrade. The only reason stopping me from upgrading right now is that I want to see what the new 390 cards can do. Something tells me that I really shouldn't be spending all that money on 295x's at this stage.

or wait for the 980 8GB cards due next month or the 980ti which wont come out until 2016 according to rumours .

Last edited:
Associate

Sounds like pay day has its own refresh rate settings and its not running at 60hz....I don't think its a GPU power issue...

Associate

I've just tried payday2 on mone seems to run find 60hz 4k res 90+ fps

Have you tried with just one card. I know that CSgo ran like a pig when I had crossfire and this is same engine isn't it?

Soldato
Does this monitor have any competition in the 40"+ department over the next 12 months? I love the look of the £3500 samsung ultrawide UHD tv but I don't think it has displayport. Some panasonic models have displayport but higher lag than straightuplegit monitors. I need something for a 10 year plan!

Soldato
im just about to order this but i want to make sure that this monitor is good for movies/gaming?

edit: i'll order it and see how it goes

Last edited:
Soldato
im just about to order this but i want to make sure that this monitor is good for movies/gaming?

I have no complaints really, as far as gaming and films are concerned.

Watched World War Z on it the other night and looked good.

Been gaming on it every chance I get (not as much as id like), and it's responsive and looks great.

With the DPI being the equivalent to that of a 27 inch 2560x1440 monitor, AA is preferable, but it's already tough to push higher settings, but my 3 x 290x 8Gb's handle certain things really well.

Now, if only I could get crossfire support in Elite! :mad::mad::mad:

Back
Top Bottom