*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
check out this vid fairly interesting, has a tech demo that involves ps eye and the lightbar on the controller, also some of you may know already but the touch pad is actually clickable!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvpCdtjTrAo
Just watched that - rather suprising Kinect-like features there, they are even clunky too...

Wonder what quality of movement it can pick up...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
I think the touchpad is one of the most interesting features for the new consoles. It could be a lot more functionally useful than the kinect in games.

Soldato
Well as more buttons for one thing. At the simplest level four more buttons for swiping in each direction.

A spell system where you have to draw the symbol to cast(as featured in an old pc game cant remember name).

A faster way to write text using the swype method.

Soldato
:D

See I'm not really sure either, I can imagine a few mini game style uses (lock picking on an RPG maybe?) But I can't really imagine much that couldn't be done in other ways.

would have made more sense to have it on the reverse similar to the PSvita. As it's on the front it means you have to take your fingers and/or thumbs of the other buttons to use the touchpad.

Caporegime
A spell system where you have to draw the symbol to cast(as featured in an old pc game cant remember name).
Anything made by Peter Molyneux.

I'd love the touchscreen to double as a mini projector. Imagine playing a Star Wars game only for a message to come through and a mini Princess Leah appear from the controller. How awesome would that be? :cool:

Caporegime
I thought of one idea - if you're playing a game where you're wearing a helmet. Your visor gets dirty so you "wipe" across the touchpad to make your character wipe the visor clean.

While you could do that, I can't imagine why I'd ever want that in a game :p

Do we know if it detects levels of pressure sensitivity?

Back
Top Bottom