*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
They're not really inner ear though.

These are the good style:

They're far, far more comfortable. The ones they've gone for are just completely lacking in ergonomics. Maybe I overstated the 'everybody' part but People mostly use these things simply because they're bundled, that doesn't make them good.

Last edited:
Soldato
True, I like IEMs but they'd be impractical for a gaming headset because they'd block out audio from your speakers.

As long as it's an improvement from the PS3 headset (and let's face it, that isn't difficult) I'm happy. I never much liked the 360 headset with its headband and mic, I just hope the PS4 headset mic isn't too sensitive given its placement on the cord.

Soldato
Like ruffneck I'm hoping I'll be able to use my Turtle Beach X11's which I use on my 360, but I don't think I'll be able to as they need stereo RCA plugs.

So it could be new headset time eventually. Oh well!

Not quite true, unless you need your optical out for something? You can buy optical to RCA converters. Not crazy priced either, cheaper than replacing a headset.

Soldato
Like ruffneck I'm hoping I'll be able to use my Turtle Beach X11's which I use on my 360,

I've currently got some DX12's. They work with a PS3 but I can't use them for talking. I suspect when I get a PS4 that I'll be able to use the DSS(dolby digital decoder) but I'll have to buy a new headset to be able to talk to people. If the 360 used a normal 3.5mm headphone jack it wouldn't be a problem :rolleyes:

Caporegime
I'm hoping my Astro's will work the same way they do on the PS3, hook up the mixamp via optical out and USB power then just run it all through the USB adaptor.

I read on IGN today that a spokesman for Astro said they are anticipating many of the same standards on the PS4 as what are currently on the PS3.

Soldato
I cant wear in ear bud type headsets as they just fall out after a minute or so, even the ps3 headset pops out and would fall off if it didnt have the the wrap around, but as the microphone is busted on my trittons i need to use the wireless.

Associate
I like the look of the PS4 headset, and being a person who is deaf in one ear I really am glad I can get a headset that I can actually use! If it was a noise cancellation one I would be screwed haha :D The PS4 one is only 1 bud right?

On a side note, for anyone interested in pre-ordering, a popular website is doing a pre-order PS4 special - Preorder the console for £20 deposit, and you get £20 off one of the following games ; Destiny , Call of Duty : Ghosts or inFamous Second Son

Soldato
I cant wear in ear bud type headsets as they just fall out after a minute or so, even the ps3 headset pops out and would fall off if it didnt have the the wrap around, but as the microphone is busted on my trittons i need to use the wireless.

Same, im hoping my TB headphones will work, as heavy as they are and the speakers are crap i dont want to have to buy something new.

Noticed in tesco since pre ordering my console they have no more pre order cases, could be a sign there stock is allocated, or they are just to lazy to replace them .

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Mark Cerny - Road to the PS4 is a good watch.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/pla...road-to-the-ps4-live-at-gamelab-2013-1442737/

Speaks for itself, Sony being very open about there hardware specs with PS4, Have Microsoft released fine details of there's yet? Didn't think so :)

Using the phone market as an example... Apple don't announce the full specs of their iPhones however they are arguably the best on the market. In fact the iPhone is usually less powerful than a similar priced android phone, but specs alone don't mean that the product is better; there are many other factors to consider.

Soldato
Soldato
Specs are important because of the direct relationship they have on the way games look.

The issue is how much will they matter when it comes to multiplatform games.

I can imagine there will be visual differences or frame rate differences between them on multiplatform games, but I think the biggest visual difference will be in the first party releases, I would imagine Sony's first part releases will be of noticeably higher graphical quality.

That in itself is somewhat irrelevant for certain people though, for example, it's irrelevant how much better the graphics on the PS4 are compared to the Xbox One to me, because I'm not interested in the first party releases on Xbox One, I'm interested in Sony's first party games.

So the PS4 could have worse specs and I wouldn't really care because it's about the games, but I still think it's a bit mad to say it's wrong to care about specs, especially on a forum like this.

Man of Honour
Specs are important to a point, but like you say, it's all about the games. If someone were to ask me now, which was more powerful between the Xbox 360 and the PS3, I honestly couldn't answer with 100% certainty. That's because I never cared enough about the specs to look into it. I think the same about the Xbox One and the PS4. Yes I know the PS4 is more powerful, but I think in reality the differences will be so minimal I really won't care.

Back
Top Bottom