*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
On differences between Xbone and PS4 versions of Watch Dogs

Which leads to the tinfoil brigade suggesting that Microsoft are mandating that any game that is coming to both PS4 and Xbone has to look identical or they are not allowing it on their system. :rolleyes: Although going on what's transpired so far, I would not put it past them.

To be honest I doubt any respectable developer would allow their game to be watered down on one platform to keep it equal with the other. It's more likely that they just wouldn't mention there are differences to keep Microsoft happy, and it could just be a case of waiting until they are compared side by side to see the difference.

Soldato
On differences between Xbone and PS4 versions of Watch Dogs

Which leads to the tinfoil brigade suggesting that Microsoft are mandating that any game that is coming to both PS4 and Xbone has to look identical or they are not allowing it on their system. :rolleyes: Although going on what's transpired so far, I would not put it past them.

I wasn't expecting any major differences as they are both new and powrful(ish) consoles. Developers need to get to grips with them first. Look at current gen games in the past 7 years, graphics have improved over time as the devs got better used to the kits.

I wonder how the difference will be in a few years time and how the exclusives will look.

Soldato
Just seen GMG are offering pre-orders for the PS4, £20 deposit (although no final price given yet), but you do get a £20 voucher towards your first PS4 game.

Not a bad deal, providing their prices stay in-line with everywhere else. GMG are usually very good so it seems it could be competitive.

Caporegime
Just seen GMG are offering pre-orders for the PS4, £20 deposit (although no final price given yet), but you do get a £20 voucher towards your first PS4 game.

Not a bad deal, providing their prices stay in-line with everywhere else. GMG are usually very good so it seems it could be competitive.
Know what their customer service is like?

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
Perhaps there are more games he wants to play on the PS3 that he hasn't yet?

Yup, I was quite late to the ps3 scene, after stepping away from gaming since Xbox 360 Fifa 11 induced rages where I turfed myself out of the ocuk leagues. Buying a house and getting married really got in the way of "man time"

Life's settled down now and PS plus is a perfect way of catching up on a lot of great titles.

Soldato
Really not liking the included headset with the PS4, looks like it will get uncomfortable after a while. Some over ears like the 360s headset would have been much better.

Also the more I look at the Xbox One controller, the more I drool over it. Looks absolutely perfect, might have to invest in one of them cross thingy adapters. Although PS4 pad looks much improved.

Caporegime
Might just be me but I find earbuds/earphones, hurt after a while. Always having to push them in etc

Yeah nobody likes the style of earbud they've gone for, they're not comfortable (nothing compared to the PS3 Wireless headset though, I'm convinced whoever designed that wasn't human and had never met a human)

Not sure why they didn't just go for a headset really.

I'll probably just buy a headset for both console actually. MS seem to be not including one so you can go and buy one and Sony seem to be including a crap one so you can go and buy one.

Associate
Does anyone know if i could hook up my PC speakers to it? It has USB only.. has a headphone jack that I can maybe use?

Speakers are Logitech Z10.

As my monitor is DVI I will have to get hdmi to DVI but just worried on the audio part..

cheers.

Back
Top Bottom