*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
The original playstation generally did suffer from laser issues if it was modded. Not saying everyone you knew had it modded...But everyone I knew did :D:p And quite a few of them suffered laser issues.

--

Outside of dodgy dealings, Only consoles I've had issue with are the original Xbox 360s. Although I've repaired a crap tonne of both PS3 fat and Xbox 360's.

I've had a lot of 60gb PS3s come to me for repair, but I think it's due to lack of ability to swap them out. no where has them!!

Caporegime
The original playstation generally did suffer from laser issues if it was modded. Not saying everyone you knew had it modded...But everyone I knew did :D:p And quite a few of them suffered laser issues.

--

Outside of dodgy dealings, Only consoles I've had issue with are the original Xbox 360s. Although I've repaired a crap tonne of both PS3 fat and Xbox 360's.

I've had a lot of 60gb PS3s come to me for repair, but I think it's due to lack of ability to swap them out. no where has them!!

None of my friends had a modded PS1 (we were all school kids at the time) and had no means to pirate any games at that time.

Permabanned
Anyone know the turnaround times for a replacement with Sony just in case Zavvi won't accept the console back as it's been more than 14 days.

Soldato
You're lucky then, pretty much everyone I know suffered the lens issue with the PS1 all those years ago.

That's been the only console I've ever had issues with out of PS1/PS2/PSP & PS3.

From the sounds of it, I must have been yeah :p I could also not have been aware of the lens issue being around as I was a kid at the time, but I don't recall my friends having the problem either.

Associate

This is the first I've ever heard of a ps1 having laser issues haha, mine's still going strong today! (17 years ish worth of usage! Not total of course but you get what I mean xD) Even though it had a couple of changes if ya get my drift, ah to be young and unknowing xD

I only knew of the PS2 DRE's being common? Which mine got but then fixed itself about 2-3 years later of no use and has been fine since xD

My old fat ps3 seems to be freezing a bit more since that update though...

Anyway still waiting to hear from amazon :)

Soldato
None of my friends had a modded PS1 (we were all school kids at the time) and had no means to pirate any games at that time.

You didn't need to mod a PS1. All you needed was something to prop the lid open and press down on a button. You just put in a proper game and then swapped with a pirated game at a certain point. I'm ashamed to say I did this but when you're a teenage and can get games for £5 each then you don't think about any consequences. And I'd like to point out I haven't bought any pirated games since the PS1 :p

Soldato
You didn't need to mod a PS1. All you needed was something to prop the lid open and press down on a button. You just put in a proper game and then swapped with a pirated game at a certain point. I'm ashamed to say I did this but when you're a teenage and can get games for £5 each then you don't think about any consequences. And I'd like to point out I haven't bought any pirated games since the PS1 :p

I'm sure I had a 'boot disk' of some type. Can't remember if it was for PS1 or PS2, I used it to play some imported DragonballZ games, but it did actually work for pirated games as well.

Man of Honour
It's strange because pirating tv series and music seems to be very common and accepted compared to game piracy. Just check out the US tv series forum on ocuk to see how open and accepted tv series piracy is on ocuk.

Soldato

I did this with the ntsc version of resident evil 2. I had to play it in black and white though as I didn't have the av lead :(

Caporegime
Amazon UK bundles: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Amazon-Bund...d_dp_ef_tft_tp?_encoding=UTF8&asin=B00BE4HOIM

Bundle 1: Killzone Bundle (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4) - £389.00
Bundle 2: Watch Dogs Bundle (Sony PlayStation 4 + Watch Dogs + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4) - £389 .00
Bundle 3: Action Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + Battlefield 4 + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4) - £429.00
Bundle 4: Adrenalin Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + Need For Speed: Rivals + 1 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4) - £429.00
Bundle 5: Gamer Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 +PS4 camera) - £449.00
Bundle 6: FIFA Mega Pack (Sony PlayStation 4 + Killzone Shadow Fall + 2 x Sony PlayStation DualShock 4 + PS4 camera + FIFA 14) - £489.00
No thanks, I'd like to keep my current pre-order for the solus Sony PlayStation 4 - £349.00

ps3ud0 :cool:

Back
Top Bottom