*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Why is the Xbox1 so much bigger than the PS4?

Yet the PS4 is siginicantly more powerfull, bigger GPU and uses much hotter running GDDR5 (which needs to be actively cooled, and DDR3 doesnt)

if i was to guess, it's probably due to the 360 being the worst ever designed console in history.

i have lost count of how many died on me within the first few years, same goes for everyone else i know who bought one.

the size is probably due to the overpowered cooling system to prevent it failing even in the sahara desert.

Associate
Apart from the cloud, is there any backwards compatibly on the ps4 to play the original ps/ps2 and being extremely hopeful ps3 disc games?

Does my 30+ psn games transfer across?

Discs games i dont think will - think they said that back at the Feb launch, PS+ etc will continue over onto the PS4 so games you have on PS3 now will be playable on the cloud when they get added. (aslong as you have PSplus - as it is now,)

Caporegime
right well my headset is a

Logitech Wireless Headset F540 with Stereo Game Audio

it has rca inputs

would something like this

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Optical-Coaxial-Toslink-Converter/dp/B0074JZ8ZW

enable me to basically use the optical out to get game sound over the headset?

it comes with a base station and a usb cable which i have to connect to my ps3 as well as rca using the av multi out.

so on the ps4 i can use the above with the usb cable for mic input

Soldato
Why is the Xbox1 so much bigger than the PS4?

Yet the PS4 is siginicantly more powerfull, bigger GPU and uses much hotter running GDDR5 (which needs to be actively cooled, and DDR3 doesnt)

GDDR5 doesn't get that hot, especially the new stuff. It doesn't even need a heat sink and will happily run in its own air.

Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
Im downloading Infamous 2 on PS+ now so i can get an idea what its all about. Any good?

Yep. It's excellent. One of my favourite games this gen.

As for the PS4 - i'm sold. It definitely appeals to me more than the X1. The only exclusive I like the look of on the X1 is Titanfall,and it looks like we'll get that at some point anyway.

Back
Top Bottom