*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Caporegime
Im soo glad they didnt show up as we need them to take as much time as they need to make something thats up to there standards

Like a mate of mine is a massive halo fan and was a bit dissapointed with halo 4 and was a bit mad to see a trailer already even though we know its coming

Theres no rush! Also it gives last of us room to breath, but i often wonder what the uncharted 3 team has been upto since then!
Well if one of their founders is to be believed, Naughty Dog dont make launch/near-launch titles as they like to have some time to understand the system rather than be pressured by a deadline, so expect their PS4 title to hit Holiday 2014 if I was a betting man.

Also have Guerillas secret game and theres a few other first parties out there that have been working on titles for a while but not already announced. Santa Monica cant only be helping on The Order, so its whatever they are doing if it isnt just GOW4 that really could interest me, they are THE PS studio when it comes to technical brillance.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Caporegime
I never thought I'd say this but... hell yes, I am buying a PS4. Looks friggen awesome in every way, and I can certainly sacrifice a few notches of PC quality graphics for an overall great and more convenient experience in gaming and media playback for a much cheaper price than a tricked out PC.

Sony really have outdone themselves, it seems like they have listened to all the criticism possible and then literally said "lets fix everything". This will imo be a landmark in console gaming.

Associate
Surprised at the Amazon UK charts:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Granted I know it costs nothing to place an order, but it's nice to see Sony dominating. People seem to be ordering the multiplats on PS4 over Xbone (apart from COD, which is expected.) Very surprised that FIFA 14 (PS4) is 13th on the charts, whereas FIFA 14 (Xbone) is 40th. If anything, I expected that to be one of the multiplats which did better on the Xbone in the UK.

Caporegime
I never thought I'd say this but... hell yes, I am buying a PS4. Looks friggen awesome in every way, and I can certainly sacrifice a few notches of PC quality graphics for an overall great and more convenient experience in gaming and media playback for a much cheaper price than a tricked out PC.

Sony really have outdone themselves, it seems like they have listened to all the criticism possible and then literally said "lets fix everything". This will imo be a landmark in console gaming.
I really hope that the best thing that ever happened to Sony was being humbled by the PS3 launch - its very hard not to be a gamer and at least admire the change theyve made.

Im just loving what Ive heard at a developer level

ps3ud0 :cool:

Soldato
What's up with the mental £54.99 price tags for games!! no thanks. Think ill just stick to my pre-order of the console and pick up some games at launch for £39.99.

BTW pre-order at zavvi for £331.50!

Soldato

Yes, Sony did or do seem to be making some good choices, choices that please core and also casual gamers.

Core gamers, as its a gamers console, casual as its cheaper and you can rent games, so Sony have got themselves a little winner here. Little wonder pre orders are going off the chart..

Soldato
Actually yes good point.. I too can see how that reads badly. We ALL moaned about it to be honest. But xbox owners mostly refused to use it due to those three issues.. PS3 owners either put up with it, or tried to fix it with real triggers etc..

:D:p

I just bought a third party controller that was a rip-off of the 360 one. This one:
POWER%20A%20Pro%20Elite%20Wireless%20Controller%20Lit.jpg

Soldato
Surprised at the Amazon UK charts:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=pd_dp_ts_vg_1

Granted I know it costs nothing to place an order, but it's nice to see Sony dominating. People seem to be ordering the multiplats on PS4 over Xbone (apart from COD, which is expected.) Very surprised that FIFA 14 (PS4) is 13th on the charts, whereas FIFA 14 (Xbone) is 40th. If anything, I expected that to be one of the multiplats which did better on the Xbone in the UK.
I've always thought of the 360 as the COD casual box and PS3 as the Fifa casual box.

No idea why.

Soldato
Is there anything stopping me from buying from Amazon US and paying for it at $399?

Won't you get lots of customs charges essentially making it not worth it?

Not sure myself. If you can get it for $399 without any additional charges then there's nothing stopping you. PS4 is region free.

Soldato
What is everyone doing with their PS3 consoles when the PS4 is out?

I'll probably give it to my dad for him to use it as a blu-ray player or something.

Keeping mine until they sort out PS+ PS3 games on PS4 with this streaming service. I still play Wipeout HD and Zen Pinball a lot sadly.. These were PS+ games I got when the service first started. Wipeout HD no matter how many times you play it, never gets old.

Back
Top Bottom