*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
Caporegime
games and peripherals are usually overpriced at launches.

retailers make zero money on the consoles, so they charge extra on the other stuff to make up for it.

so those increased prices may hold

Soldato
I really want to see inside the PS4, I want to know how Sony got everything including an internal power supply into that box.

Pulled my old launch PS3 fat apart as it was getting noisy and that heatsink is a work of art, a work clogged with 6+ years of dust but still art none the less.

Soldato
Hard to believe this was all done in real time on the PS4.

The PS4 engine used for Dark Sorcerer is only in its first iteration, and most of the features scheduled for the final version of the engine haven’t yet been implemented.

This demo is only a first test that is well below the visual quality we hope to achieve in our next game. The next game will not be based on this demo, obviously (I know, we’re a bit weird), but on an idea that is completely different from what we’ve done to date. It’s incredibly exciting, and I wish I could tell you more… but I can’t.

Show me anything on the XBone that compares to that.

Soldato
The PS4 also has an internal PSU, the Xbox uses an external power brick.

The PS4 will be very well engineered. Sony knows how to build a console, only this time around its been engineered around a more user friendly architecture.

The cooling systems for the PS4 will be very elegant I’d suspect and each component will be placed in perfect harmony with other components to ensure good airflow and cooling whilst the overall size doesn’t suffer.

The xbox one is a bit of joke really when you look at how big it is and it also has an external power supply. I was very surprised when MS showed the xbox one, it was just so big but clearly MS want to avoid failures and from what I’ve seen of the insides of the xbox one its got a huge fan which explains some of the size.

MS leaving the power supply out also means less heat generated inside the actual box, I think MS played it safe on this one. Sony however have engineered a very compact next gen console but played it safe with the way you can play your games.

Well played Sony, well played.

Soldato
Ignore the rhetoric but

VSDxg0F.gif

Shows the change in controller size

Excellent it does look like they've made the controller bigger and improved the triggers and thumb sticks.

These were the three biggest gripes about the DS3. too small, bad triggers and iffy thumbsticks.

Now what will xbox crowd moan about next? As I suspect a lot of xbox users will be jumping to PS4, honestly the DS3 was ok, but hopefully the DS4 is even better.

Soldato
I know it's a little early... But I simple can not wait for naughty dog's offering when ever that may be.

It is a bit early but I suspect they've got something really good lined up. Naughty dog are now a two team developer.

One has been working on last of us, the other we do not know what they've been working, but its got to be a PS4 title. Whatever it is, uncharted 4 or something new from naughty dog it'll be fantastic, then naughty dog will learn how to get even more out of the PS4 and in a few years time, whatever they then release will blow everyones socks off...!!

Soldato
These were the three biggest gripes about the DS3. too small, bad triggers and iffy thumbsticks.

Now what will xbox crowd moan about next? As I suspect a lot of xbox users will be jumping to PS4, honestly the DS3 was ok, but hopefully the DS4 is even better.

Love how you yourself note the 3 most common DS3 complaints, yet turn it around to just Xbox fans moaning :D

Soldato
Love how you yourself note the 3 most common DS3 complaints, yet turn it around to just Xbox fans moaning :D

Actually yes good point.. I too can see how that reads badly. We ALL moaned about it to be honest. But xbox owners mostly refused to use it due to those three issues.. PS3 owners either put up with it, or tried to fix it with real triggers etc..

:D:p

Man of Honour
Actually yes good point.. I too can see how that reads badly. We ALL moaned about it to be honest. But xbox owners mostly refused to use it due to those three issues.. PS3 owners either put up with it, or tried to fix it with real triggers etc..

Tbh, even as a long time Xbox gamer, I never found the DS3 to be *that* bad. Yes I preferred the Xbox controllers, I always did (I have fairly decent sized hands), but the only thing that really bothered me was the fact the thumbsticks were convex, not concave. Now that's been changed, I think the DS4 looks a pretty nice controller. Still think the Xbox One controller looks nicer though.

Soldato
I think the controller looks great. It wouldn't surprise me if it's not quite as nice as the Xbox controller, but it's been obvious from the start that it's a marked improvement on the original Dual Shock design and will be very comfortable to use. I don't mind using the DS3 and it'd certainly never put me off playing games on the PS3 (or PS4, if they'd stuck with it), but it is small and can get a bit uncomfortable especially when you're in hectic moments in games requiring a lot of button mashing or movement.

Soldato

Yeah the real triggers really did improve it massively.

Soldato
I know it's a little early... But I simple can not wait for naughty dog's offering when ever that may be.

Im soo glad they didnt show up as we need them to take as much time as they need to make something thats up to there standards

Like a mate of mine is a massive halo fan and was a bit dissapointed with halo 4 and was a bit mad to see a trailer already even though we know its coming

Theres no rush! Also it gives last of us room to breath, but i often wonder what the uncharted 3 team has been upto since then!

Back
Top Bottom