*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I just bought a third party controller that was a rip-off of the 360 one. This one:
POWER%20A%20Pro%20Elite%20Wireless%20Controller%20Lit.jpg

Is it wireless ?

Permabanned
:confused: If that's shocking then there are no good gamepads.

Maybe I'm just heavy handed or unlucky. The left analog went on 2 of them, it would drift without me touching it, even after calibration and opening up the controller to clean it. The third one the bumper buttons RB and LB both stopped working.

Soldato
Soldato
Some more confirmations/info:

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/sony-s-scott-rohde-answers-your-burning-ps4-questi/1600-504/

- Not allowing online passes, even for third parties, since PS+ is now required for online play.
- $399 was a target price set many years ago
- Camera is not included
- F2P online games/services won't require PS+ in general (but some games might)
- Subscription based games/services won't require PS+

Finally common sense. EA and their online pass. Buy second hand copy of fifa, that'll be £6.99 for online pass please to play online.

Not anymore. PS4, PS+ buy second hand copy of Fifa, got a plus account, you can play online.

that'll please a lot of consumers that can't afford to keep buying new games. I'm impressed with this, and not needing PS+ for sub based games or services. Fantastic, it was never fair to pay for netflix for 360 and then need a gold membership to watch movies..

I can understand some f2p games needing PS+, f2p normally means its f2p in a small part but you normally end up having to purchase something in game.

Associate
spotted a place where touchpad is used in shadowfall. ive marked it not that i needed to i guess. so its saying hold touch pad to show completed objective. it would usually have been the select button i think.

i guess touch pad can free up easier access buttons for other more i important stuff which is great........then again is there a select and start on the new pad? maybe the pad represents those two buttons

yy.png
[/URL]

Soldato
I guess I won't buy from amazon then, my friend returns from America in Mid december, might see if he fancies bringing me one.

Can anyone explain this myth to me?

“Our long-term vision is to reduce download time of digital titles to zero,” touted Cerny. “If we know enough about you to predict the next game you’ll purchase, then that game can be loaded and ready to go before you even click the buy button.”

Caporegime
Its also used to send the OWL off and return - pretty sure is 180degree direction from what Ive seen. Be good to see it used to throw ammo/medpacks not in the exact direction you are looking...
I guess I won't buy from amazon then, my friend returns from America in Mid december, might see if he fancies bringing me one.

Cant see it being more than knowing what you previously purchased either digitally or disc based - its about as clever as those vouchers you get from the supermarket based on your shopping habits which is linked to your loyalty card. And I guess it preloads the minimum needed onto your HDD before you actually purchase - not exactly a feature that interests me. Probably only mentioning now you can part-load games and start playing as what Cerny is saying has been more than possible ever since XBL/PSN accounts existed.

ps3ud0 :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
- Not allowing online passes, even for third parties, since PS+ is now required for online play.
I've listened briefly to that podcast, and read a lot on this particular area. That is not what is said.

They (Sony) are saying 1st party games will not have online passes and 3rd parties look to be moving away from it, but they can still implement online passes if they want to. He personally doesn't believe they will (and you would assume that they have has discussions with publishers). I know there were reports EA was moving away, but to categorically say they will not allow online passes is incorrect.

Another link on the subject

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ryan-on-ps4-drm-and-the-next-gen-console-war

Our philosophy remains unchanged, so don't worry about that. We will not be implementing Online Pass or any kind of variant of that for our own self-published games. If a third-party publisher wants to do something server-side with their own content, there's not much we can do about that.

From what I'm hearing, the tide, certainly on current-gen, is moving away from that Online Pass - I know two or three publishers that have dropped it.

Soldato

I think they are going to try and preload games they think you’d be interested in by using data collected on games you’ve played, games you’ve downloaded and games you’ve viewed in PSN – videos, screenshots etc.

So, say for example you play a lot of racing games, view a lot of videos for racing titles etc, PSN will download parts of say GT 7 for example.

So you decided to buy GT 7. Click on buy, the game is almost downloaded anyhow. You buy the game, and its ready to play soon as you’ve paid your money.

Whats even better, all games on PSN will have free 1 hour ( I think trials) if I’ve read it correctly, so you can try any game before you buy. Hello to game demos again if true.

Caporegime
I've listened briefly to that podcast, and read a lot on this particular area. That is not what is said.

They (Sony) are saying 1st party games will not have online passes and 3rd parties look to be moving away from it, but they can still implement online passes if they want to. He personally doesn't believe they will (and you would assume that they have has discussions with publishers). I know there were reports EA was moving away, but to categorically say they will not allow online passes is incorrect.

Another link on the subject

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-ryan-on-ps4-drm-and-the-next-gen-console-war
Hmm that quote is quite enlightening, Online Passes worked as essentially Sony setup the backbone via the PS Store, it doesnt sound like thats going to be allowable through Sony again. More that third party publishers will have to setup their own services to do that, which obviously is additional effort/cost (like Ubisofts uPlay and EAs Origin).

I guess thats why MS are looking to setup that whole used games framework while it sounds like Sony have left it to the publishers who have to do the legwork instead.

Soldato
Hmm that quote is quite enlightening, Online Passes worked as essentially Sony setup the backbone via the PS Store, it doesnt sound like thats going to be allowable through Sony again. More that third party publishers will have to setup their own services to do that, which obviously is additional effort/cost (like Ubisofts uPlay and EAs Origin).

I guess thats why MS are looking to setup that whole used games framework while it sounds like Sony have left it to the publishers who have to do the legwork instead.

Taken from the Microsoft licensing information

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

In our role as a game publisher, Microsoft Studios will enable you to give your games to friends or trade in your Xbox One games at participating retailers. Third party publishers may opt in or out of supporting game resale and may set up business terms or transfer fees with retailers. Microsoft does not receive any compensation as part of this. In addition, third party publishers can enable you to give games to friends. Loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners.
In black and white, the policies are actually not too far apart.

Soldato
Taken from the Microsoft licensing information

http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/license

In black and white, the policies are actually not too far apart.

Actually they are. Microsoft have gone out of their way to create a toggle that disables resale of games accessible to any publisher at operating system level. Sony has done nothing different to the PS3.

In my eyes atleast they are very different. Microsoft obviously feels there was a problem with the way trading your own games worked last gen. Sony do not.

What also is not mentioned is the terms of lending games to friends. Like the 30day friends list that enables it and all the other restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom